Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan filed a trademark for the name “400Z” in Canada, a successor to the 370Z that's expected to be powered by a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 producing 400-horsepower. A reveal should happen in 2020 for a 2021 launch. Nissan will accept pre-orders for 400Z during the summer (typical of Nissan's vehicle launch timeline).

Historically, numbers in the Z's name indicated the engine size (370Z = 3.7-liter engine). This time around, that won't be the case for reasons enthusiasts know very well. Instead it will refer to the the power output. Something we've seen in the Q50 400 that packs the same engine.

While this isn't 100% confirmation from Nissan i'm sure we can connect the dots ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm very excited by the idea of a Twin-Turbo engine. That'll make it VERY easy to get more power for cheap!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone's reading this post please include and option for a supercharged rather than turbo. the VQ engines even with stock internals are best with natural aspirated with in-front bumper scoop or forced injection like a Vortech or Steve Millen type of supercharger with 8-12 lbs of boost. Either can easily obtain 400 hp with low boost pressure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If anyone's reading this post please include and option for a supercharged rather than turbo. the VQ engines even with stock internals are best with natural aspirated with in-front bumper scoop or forced injection like a Vortech or Steve Millen type of supercharger with 8-12 lbs of boost. Either can easily obtain 400 hp with low boost pressure.
While certainly possible, it’s more likely the new Z will not have a VQ. Most likely the motor will be the VR which is strictly a TT. I say most likely because that’s what’s the reports are saying. Also, it makes sense from a cost conscious perspective as it allows consolidation to all the vehicles on that FM platform having the same motor.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Definitely think turbo is more likely than supercharged. When's the last time Nissan has offered a factory supercharger, anyway?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes but many, many enthusiasts have successfully built VQ motors with superchargers. It's a very proven modification with some owners even going to 18+ lbs of boost with stock internals. My own motor is not FI but takes advantage of passive scoops and air plates which takes advantage of the bumper opening. It would be a shame not to ignore the wealth of knowledge out there with the owners. I can only hope that the factory will listen to us.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes but many, many enthusiasts have successfully built VQ motors with superchargers. It's a very proven modification with some owners even going to 18+ lbs of boost with stock internals. My own motor is not FI but takes advantage of passive scoops and air plates which takes advantage of the bumper opening. It would be a shame not to ignore the wealth of knowledge out there with the owners. I can only hope that the factory will listen to us.
Nissan is trying to cut costs. One way they will do it is pair back models. Another way will be to share as many things with remaining models (chassis, engine, etc.) so they don’t have to manufacture any more then needed. That’s a big reason to expect the 3.0TT out off the Infiniti and not a SC VQ. Hope we get some firm details soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts