Votes: 8 44.4%
  • NISMO

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 7th-generation 2022+ Nissan Z is expected to arrive in five trim levels to choose from; Base, Sport, Touring, Sport Touring and NISMO. Pricing, features, packaging, options and others are expected to mirror the 370z to some degree.

Considering that, which one is right for you and why?

For me it's the Sport Touring because having the right balance of sportiness and features that make it a comfortable daily driver is important. I'm also afraid that by going with Sport, the potential lack of tech will make it feel older and not age as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I clicked Touring but I'm going back and forth between it and Sport. It really depends on the features list because I'd like to have some creature comforts for longer trips.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
92 Posts
As enticing as a NISMO edition is, I have to pick sport touring for the same reasons as @zenki. I want the sportiness and tech features for fun drives and creature comforts. Give me something that is fully loaded with all features so I can enjoy daily driving and long road trips.

Also, I wouldn't want to modify a NISMO since it would take away from what the NISMO is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Depends on the price for me. I’ll get the best I can for right around 40k
I second this - it would depend up on price. If a Sport Touring package was up in 6 Cyl Supra territory, then I wouldn't be interested. I'd like to keep things around $40K. Or less. Less would also be welcome.

·
Registered
81 Posts
First instinct is Sport Touring, mostly because I want the amenities, and why buy a sports car without the sports package?

One could argue that there should only be 3 trim levels... Base (which should have sport package as standard), Touring to add the creature comforts to that baseline, and NISMO to be the special edition exclusive.

Seems like the poll results suggest that as well, as Sport package and Sport Touring greatly outnumber base, and Touring alone.

The only caveat would be if the sport package actually makes the baseline too harsh for most public road enjoyment, in favor of track performance that wouldn't be enough for me to sacrifice road manners for.

If that would be the case, and the non-sport chassis tune is the better road car... I would seriously consider the Touring-only trim.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Depending on what options are available I'm looking at Sport Touring or Touring. Ideally I'd consider the Nismo if it was available at launch but I don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Main hope here is the S and/or S/T will be available with a ‘track package’ i.e. Brembos, coilovers, dampers, and a type of Recaros. Only if that pkg is track worthy and of course with full factory warranty

·
Super Moderator
219 Posts
Where do I find the definition of these trims?

It's hard to say as some of that initial leaked info was confirmed to be inaccurate. It may or may not be the trim names so we don't know if those trim names are even legit. Although it isn't hard to imagine a sport then a touring type model that adds the technology package like what's was stated

·
Registered
10r80 5.0, G37X
24 Posts
I'm hoping for the 400hp red sport engine. It would be disappointing if the base model has 300hp which is less than the 370Z. Can't imagine it. I also hope the base model is less than 3500 pounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts