Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chevrolet just made available to order the 2023 C8 which is the 70th anniversary of the corvette. All C8s get a special 70th anniversary badge and there is an appearance package you can add that includes all new wheels with a red pinstrip and two tone interior with white accents.

I was able to place my dads order friday and it was accepted by GM just today and hopefully will arrive before. Here is the speced build sheet including a picture from the online visualizer. the 70th anniversary wheels with the red stripe were on constraint so we had to change to the all gloss black version of the same wheel to get it accepted.Our car is going to be all black with red calipers seat belts interior stitching and engine cover

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love how it looks in black, mainly for how well it hides the side vent that I'm not a big fan of.

yeah the full 70th annivsary package only comes in gray or white and has white seats. so I opted not to get it mainly for the seats and the go with all black..

here is the wheel. I had this ordered but there was a supply issue so we had to loose the red stripe. also here is the seat I wasnt a big fan of
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Locking hubs
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Good luck trying to buy one. Unless you have money to burn 🤷‍♂️.

that first post was my order. dealer is doing MSRP thats rare for the C8 but possible

the Z06 will be next to impossible. ive seen dealers baiting 100K mark ups on allocations they dont have. dealer told me the C8 and Z06 allocations arnt seperate and they have a huge list. this dealer only got 7 allocations for 2022 vettes with dozens and dozens on the list.

·
Registered
68 Posts
that first post was my order. dealer is doing MSRP thats rare for the C8 but possible

the Z06 will be next to impossible. ive seen dealers baiting 100K mark ups on allocations they dont have. dealer told me the C8 and Z06 allocations arnt seperate and they have a huge list. this dealer only got 7 allocations for 2022 vettes with dozens and dozens on the list.
That’s my point. It’s like winning the lottery. A few do.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Those days for sports cars are pretty much over sadly.

Yeah we had a deposit back in June of 2021 for a 2022. We were like 14th on the list and got bumped to 2023 because of the backlog. Then we were 3rd on the list for a 23. GM is only making Z51 cars right now and the 2 people ahead didn't want Z51. So we moved to 1 after almost a full year. We had to change the wheel and if we did that the order would be accepted by the plant.

So it was a process for sure. I read and article yesterday the Corvette is the #2 vehicle in the US that sells for more money used than it does new. The G wagon was #1 with 40k more used than new. The Corvette averages 13.6k more used

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
got a production week of June 13th.

its a real shame nissan isnt organized like this. with GM once you get an order number you can go to the customer service chat and track it step by step.

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
117 Posts
got a production week of June 13th.

its a real shame nissan isnt organized like this. with GM once you get an order number you can go to the customer service chat and track it step by step.
Same when I did a factory order from Ford, I was able to track it's status every step of the way. Order in, status updates, window sticker and vin issued, see it's build status and completion, could basically track it all the way till it made it on the train heading from Mexico.

I'm excited for this c8 of yours, keep us updated. Production week of the 13th sounds awesome. Got to be getting excited ? :D

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats!!! You Specd it very nice!

thanks yeah once they clean it up and we take it home I will post some of the details like I had black exaust tips red seat belts and a stealth interior package added. they have to add on the red engine cover and the rocker panels tomorrow

1 - 20 of 24 Posts