1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got confirmation of this from my contact

Font Circle Rectangle Paper product Number

here is the original recall for the JATCO built 9 Speed

The automaker blames "dimensional variation during the manufacturing process" for causing the parking pawl to fail to engage as intended. This in turn could cause the vehicle to move although the shifter is in Park.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah numbers for titans are probably 4x the number of production z’s. They need to roll this car out by this year, its already past the date they revealed this car in august. Radio silent in canada for me and all these reviews just trashing the car lately makes me regret not looking for a car early 2022. Love the z heritage but the nissan brand now is just so garbage cutting corners and feeding us horrible customer service along with these ridiculous markups. If you think the proto spec is bad, u think the performance will be marked up by half of what the proto is being asked for. Expect 80k 🤡

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah numbers for titans are probably 4x the number of production z’s. They need to roll this car out by this year, its already past the date they revealed this car in august. Radio silent in canada for me and all these reviews just trashing the car lately makes me regret not looking for a car early 2022. Love the z heritage but the nissan brand now is just so garbage cutting corners and feeding us horrible customer service along with these ridiculous markups. If you think the proto spec is bad, u think the performance will be marked up by half of what the proto is being asked for. Expect 80k 🤡
Agree, I missed a whole damn year of fun driving, and the weather was phenomenal this summer too.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well clearly more than 20 of the Protos are manuals so let's say it's 60/40 split of the 240 cars for arguments sake. this shows there are a decent number of other trims sitting a port with the stop sale hold also

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Nissan just confirmed the stop-sale.
"Nissan initiated a quality hold on MY2023 Nissan Z automatic-transmission-equipped vehicles on August 29, 2022 while it investigates this issue. The investigation is ongoing at this time," Nissan spokesperson Jonathan Buhler told Autoblog, confirming that this constitutes "[...] a stop sale for any AT model whether it is on a showroom floor or in any other stage."

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Nissan just confirmed the stop-sale.
"Nissan initiated a quality hold on MY2023 Nissan Z automatic-transmission-equipped vehicles on August 29, 2022 while it investigates this issue. The investigation is ongoing at this time," Nissan spokesperson Jonathan Buhler told Autoblog, confirming that this constitutes "[...] a stop sale for any AT model whether it is on a showroom floor or in any other stage."
Yikes, I wonder how long this is going to take before it gets straightened out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts