Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I mentioned on the other big forum that I actually do prefer this wheel design, and it remains true. If these were 19" and staggered, they'd be my absolute factory choice, at this point.

Hell, maybe even if they were simply 10" wide at the rear and 9" at the front while remaining 18s, I'd do it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks like a nice offering for the price. They did a good job with the cloth seats and carpeted material to replace the leather.

I just wonder about having the smaller brakes and no limited-slip diff.

Are there any other performance goodies removed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
It looks like a nice offering for the price. They did a good job with the cloth seats and carpeted material to replace the leather.

I just wonder about having the smaller brakes and no limited-slip diff.

Are there any other performance goodies removed?
Depends how you define performance - but for me the absence of the Synchro rev-matching on the MT Sport is a deal-killer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Waiting for the Nismo, though if it has a big douchey wing without a wing delete option, Performance is the model for me. If Nissan wises up and uses the Fairlady Z’s fascia, that’ll be the model trumping all others.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Waiting for the Nismo, though if it has a big douchey wing without a wing delete option, Performance is the model for me. If Nissan wises up and uses the Fairlady Z’s fascia, that’ll be the model trumping all others.
So far all the JDM Fairlady Z RZ34’s use the same front end as we have, the Z Proto Spec Customized appears to have only been for the Tokyo Auto Salon and there been no word that it’s going into production at all, it might remain as a one off show car. Personally I don’t love it, I just wish the lower section matched the upper section to make look more S30 ish. I wouldn’t mind an orange or dark green color option though, along with optional orange leather….

·
Registered
194 Posts
So far all the JDM Fairlady Z RZ34’s use the same front end as we have, the Z Proto Spec Customized appears to have only been for the Tokyo Auto Salon and there been no word that it’s going into production at all, it might remain as a one off show car. Personally I don’t love it, I just wish the lower section matched the upper section to make look more S30 ish. I wouldn’t mind an orange or dark green color option though, along with optional orange leather….
I know there’s no official word or anything, but it just seems stupid NOT to offer it on all models as it just looks better than the gaping maw as is. Front on is the worst view of the Z and it shouldn’t be. That fascia solves it and makes the pinched headlights actually look good. It’s a cheap fix and will hopefully be part of a mid-cycle-refresh for all trim levels or at least be exclusive to the Nismo. My fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I know there’s no official word or anything, but it just seems stupid NOT to offer it on all models as it just looks better than the gaping maw as is. Front on is the worst view of the Z and it shouldn’t be. That fascia solves it and makes the pinched headlights actually look good. It’s a cheap fix and will hopefully be part of a mid-cycle-refresh for all trim levels or at least be exclusive to the Nismo. My fingers are crossed.
Still pounding the drum, I see.

"I think fuscia 7 spoke wheels represent the greatest rim design for application on a Z car and Nissan not making it a standard offering is utterly foolish." Kind of like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts