Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
In some ways, I wish I liked these pony cars more - they're super-powerful, relatively inexpensive, and generally pretty reliable. There is just something...inherently cheesy about them. That in addition to them being soooo bloody common. Shame.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The previous s550 generation had a much nicer interior in terms of design. It looked and felt like a mustang inside. In my opinion it will age very well and was unique and special. This new interior is very generic. There are so many cars on the market doing that exact long horizontal screen format. The materials look great and I'm sure the UI is pretty good for the screens but if this is the last V8 mustang it's a shame they moved in this direction.

The exterior I'm not as upset by but I'm also not crazy about. The 3 bar headlights aren't my favorite. I also think the front-end is still too busy. The ecoboost looks cleaner and classier. The GT looks overly aggressive with no restraint. The dark horse is performance oriented so I cut it some slack in that regard. The rear is funky but I can get used to it. The lines of the car connect well but I don't really care for the graphic elements and there is something slightly off about the overall cohesiveness of it.

It's an evolution like the Z but Nissan did a much better job of transforming the 370z into something that looks very different. I also think Nissans design is much cleaner and more cohesive and will age much better.

The performance and dynamics of this mustang will probably be awesome though. The s550 was already really polished by the end of its run and this will probably incrementally move that forward. Going to be sweet.

I'm glad the mustang and the Z are here for another generation. Great to keep these icons rolling.

It's all subjective of course. Some people will probably love it and that's cool.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't care for the one continuous look of the screens in the interior. Doesn't look like a sports car at all, but more like a EV. The exterior isn't bad looking though.
Totally agree. It's funny that to me, the cup holder area of both the Z and this Mustang are the way it's most obvious (to me, anyway) that these are largely carried over platforms, but I think Nissan did a much better job of modernizing without going way overboard on screens.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Totally agree. It's funny that to me, the cup holder area of both the Z and this Mustang are the way it's most obvious (to me, anyway) that these are largely carried over platforms, but I think Nissan did a much better job of modernizing without going way overboard on screens.
I think Ford is trying to overcompensate with the screens, using them as a way to say "look how new the S650 is... we promise"

·
Registered
60 Posts
It’s weird. I have always despised mustangs. Think they are the goofiest car to have. Since everyone has one. I have always been a Nissan fan boy. As I have had 7. But something about this new mustang peeked my interest. And am considering it over the Z now. Maybe because I have done the Japanese car scene? And I want something else. Idk. But I am digging it 😮

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s weird. I have always despised mustangs. Think they are the goofiest car to have. Since everyone has one. I have always been a Nissan fan boy. As I have had 7. But something about this new mustang peeked my interest. And am considering it over the Z now. Maybe because I have done the Japanese car scene? And I want something else. Idk. But I am digging it 😮
Almost exactly my same sentiments. I was thinking the Z but it's too GT for my tastes. The dark horse is going to have more of a track edge to it plus I have never owned a V8 before so I'm seriously considering the new mustang also. I'm sure the dark horse will be more expensive but who cares these kind of cars will not be made for much longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts