Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
that just made that long nose for homologation rules for Super GT racing. its when they swapped from the R34 GTR to the Z33

they made like 5 of them just to count as a production model so they could run the Z in Super GT.

but the Nissan made 20 NISMO versions called the S-tune GT.

View attachment 1191

View attachment 1192
I legit didn't know about this car. Thanks for the history lesson.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel like we're too early for this, but here are some reported 400Z specs I stumbled cross on Facebook from a guy who reportedly has an inside source.

View attachment 1171

---

The Z35 will still be a "Fairlady Z" in Japan, all other markets the Z35 will be called "Nissan Z"

MSRP: $34,995 (this is for the base with 0 options)
There will be 2 packages
  • Base: 0 options.
  • Type S: Brembos, thicker sways, coolers, other stuff.
  • Type T: Leather, Power Seats, Heated and Cooled, Auto cruise, blind spot, etc
  • Type ST: Both S and T Packages
  • Each package will be roughly 5k each, ST will set you back 10k

Base gets Akebonos, Sport or Nismo get the Brembos - No more floating calipers.

All cars get...
  • The 400hp Flavor of VR30DDTT
  • The Digital Dash
  • Android Auto / Car Play
  • Rear Duckbill

Dry Weight = 3,252lbs

Auto : Mercedes 9G-Tronic, no more 7 speed.
- Transmission is already in the Titan and it will soon be in every Nissan / Infiniti RWD vehicle (including the Qs)

Yes, this car really is a 370Z with a Body Kit and a VR30 Swap and the chassis was massaged.......heavily (more aluminum, more bracing, carbon fiber)
  • "370Z Sport" is the new "Base" (thicker sways, wider forged wheels, etc)
  • "370Z Nismo" is the new "Sport" (even wider wheels, thicker sways, bracing)
  • There is a Nismo version coming....it won't just be a body kit, exhaust, tune and some badges this time
  • No roadster to start

The 6 spd manual is a carryover from the 370Z

There are 3 USDM Production cars in the US for a Dealer's Meeting and for journalist afterwards to review.

White 2 Tone: Stick, Sport, no pics have leaked (yet)
Silver 2 Tone: Auto, Touring
Gunmetal: Auto, Base

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, I was told today May 23rd you can order - if this is correct (thank you) I will be ordering everything available. Are you saying it won't have a Fairlady Badge in the US - that sucks - would it be "upbadging" if I added a Fairlady badge?? My plate is going to be FAIRLDY o matter what.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
36 Posts
So, I was told today May 23rd you can order - if this is correct (thank you) I will be ordering everything available. Are you saying it won't have a Fairlady Badge in the US - that sucks - would it be "upbadging" if I added a Fairlady badge?? My plate is going to be FAIRLDY o matter what.
I heard the same about ordering, but just checked with my local dealership and they claim to have no knowledge of a release date or when orders can be placed yet.
From what I’ve heard we won’t get the FairLady badge in the US, and no it’s not upbadging to add it. Just being JDM and I’ll be getting the badge as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I heard the same about ordering, but just checked with my local dealership and they claim to have no knowledge of a release date or when orders can be placed yet.
From what I’ve heard we won’t get the FairLady badge in the US, and no it’s not upbadging to add it. Just being JDM and I’ll be getting the badge as well.
Exactly. My 370 has had the Z34 Fairlady badge forever and I would look at it the same way - it's the identical vehicle, mechanically, but simply bears a different name in its home market.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On 350Z, they used 350Z Touring, for the base model, and 350Z Track for the higher specced model with Brembos.

·
Registered
327 Posts
On 350Z, they used 350Z Touring, for the base model, and 350Z Track for the higher specced model with Brembos.
Welcome @ZJetBT! Did you own a 350Z? If so, since new or pre-owned?
I remember they also had Enthusiast and Grand Touring models, and the Track Edition model only came with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome @ZJetBT! Did you own a 350Z? If so, since new or pre-owned?
I remember they also had Enthusiast and Grand Touring models, and the Track Edition model only came with a manual transmission.

There were many trim levels on the 350z.
Base, Enthusiast, Track, Touring, Grand Touring and Nismo.
These trim levels were different based on the year.
For example, 2007 and 2008 did not get the Track trim because Nismo.

Touring and up gets powered, heated leather seats, steering wheel controls and Bose.
Grand Touring and up got Brembos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where this naming convention comes from is the Japanese Fairlady Z they use the S,T and ST as versions for the 2020 car. They Japanese Z uses "Version S" instead of "Type S" but it is common to use either for nissan. Type S was used on the S15 Silvia from 1998-2002. It is also used on the current Japanese skyline and the fuga.
Spec.S and Spec.R actually for the S15

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome @Houston.Z35!

Do you own a s-chassis or did at some point? Or even a Z?

When the new Z starts showing I'm sure you'll be among the first to see them! Houston seems to have a big enough Japanese car scene.
Yes, I was a die hard S Chassis guy in the 00s. I've owned S13 Fastback and S14. I've owned both a HR Z33 and a 40th Anniversary 370Z. I've been to a few nation Z events and I'm a member of the Houston Z Club.

We have a VERY healthy car scene here in Houston, I suspect I'll see them in the wild shortly after launch. One of them may even be my own - This car is keeping me out of a C8 Corvette.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts