Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Word on the net is Toyota dealers are having a real hard time selling the 4 bangers. They have to drop the MSRP by around $5k inoder to move them. lol what a huge failure on Toyota's part.
The prices are going to drop so much that they're going to be fun project cars for people.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Toyota just unveiled their 2022 G86. has a hint of Z to it with its grill compared to its BRZ brother

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks OK but I find the 400Z more appealing. If Nissan addresses the 370's deficiencies it will be amazing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Looks OK but I find the 400Z more appealing. If Nissan addresses the 370's deficiencies it will be amazing.
It will also be reflected in the price. Right now that is $27,000 for the base 86 and another $1000 for the BRZ. Considering that, I'd say both are excellent choices to both price points. It will target different audiences for the most part.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It will also be reflected in the price. Right now that is $27,000 for the base 86 and another $1000 for the BRZ. Considering that, I'd say both are excellent choices to both price points. It will target different audiences for the most part.
In Canada right now the base Z is only about $2k more than a BRZ. Prices will go up for both the Z and the twins, but I expect much more for the former, probably $45k.

I'm cross-shopping and I bet others are too based on forum chat. The Z has the power, is more GT-like for longer trips, and has (importantly for me) a rev-matching mt. The twins are cheaper and lighter-weight so probably more agile and light on their feet.

·
Registered
591 Posts
In Canada right now the base Z is only about $2k more than a BRZ. Prices will go up for both the Z and the twins, but I expect much more for the former, probably $45k.

I'm cross-shopping and I bet others are too based on forum chat. The Z has the power, is more GT-like for longer trips, and has (importantly for me) a rev-matching mt. The twins are cheaper and lighter-weight so probably more agile and light on their feet.
The Toyobarus are definitely something to keep an eye on, especially with some of the performance changes they made. I'm curious to see how much of a difference it makes. I just have to remind myself that I can't compare them directly to the Z.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I find the 86 to be extremely compelling, I definitely wouldn't mind owning one and a Z35.

Seeing as how the war department won't approve, I can only get one. In that case, I don't even consider the 86 due to a na motor. I used to own a 2016 GTI, and really appreciated the boost in the mountains. So excited to be able to buy a twin turbo Z. I am sure at lower elevations the 86 will be tons of fun. But I take road trips through mountains frequently, I'll much prefer a boosted car at elevation.

·
Registered
644 Posts
A pair of reviewers in Japan were able to drive both cars. It's cool to already see them go through a course. I just wish I understood Japanese to listen to them.

Subaru has been releasing a lot of videos of the BRZ on their Japan YouTube channel.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Subaru has been releasing a lot of videos of the BRZ on their Japan YouTube channel.

I love how much more throatier it sounds compared to the outgoing BRZ. The displacement bump this time around is really showing itself. Too bad it took them this long to finally give the BRZ/86 crowd the performance they always wanted.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I love how much more throatier it sounds compared to the outgoing BRZ. The displacement bump this time around is really showing itself. Too bad it took them this long to finally give the BRZ/86 crowd the performance they always wanted.
Not only the sound but the much needed low end torque that was missing from the first gen cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2nd gen 86 was just spotted today.

Renderings from BestCarWeb Japan from April 2020.

I LOVE the Toyobaru twins, and they look awesome. What they needed was the WRX/STi power train, but that will NEVER happen. Why not? Toyota wouldn’t allow the twins to compete with the Supra. A twin with 270-300+hp AND a MANUAL TRANSMISSION? PERFECT, and still less than the fugly, inherently unreliable, auto-only, not a real Supra, BMDupra.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First drive reviews of the GR86 drop tomorrow. I hope Nissan doesn't wait for months before giving reviewers a crack at the new Z.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think it will be a while until Z reviews are released. That's the way things are now. Nissan probably dragging it's feet hoping the chip shortage improves.

I think driving reviews will show a modest evolution in chassis performance due to being a reused Z34 chassis.... So if you have serious issues with the current Z, don't expect big improvements.
The biggest improvements will be in power, interior and exterior aesthetics and infotainment. I expect mpg to improve significantly also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice looking car but no Power.
I assume you are referring to the Toyobaru twins and not the Z. A turbo GR86 was never on the table because Toyota wouldn’t green light a car that would embarrass a base Supra in every conceivable way for thousands less.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts