Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Word on the net is Toyota dealers are having a real hard time selling the 4 bangers. They have to drop the MSRP by around $5k inoder to move them. lol what a huge failure on Toyota's part.
The prices are going to drop so much that they're going to be fun project cars for people.

·
Super Moderator
105 Posts
Toyota just unveiled their 2022 G86. has a hint of Z to it with its grill compared to its BRZ brother

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks OK but I find the 400Z more appealing. If Nissan addresses the 370's deficiencies it will be amazing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks OK but I find the 400Z more appealing. If Nissan addresses the 370's deficiencies it will be amazing.
It will also be reflected in the price. Right now that is $27,000 for the base 86 and another $1000 for the BRZ. Considering that, I'd say both are excellent choices to both price points. It will target different audiences for the most part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will also be reflected in the price. Right now that is $27,000 for the base 86 and another $1000 for the BRZ. Considering that, I'd say both are excellent choices to both price points. It will target different audiences for the most part.
In Canada right now the base Z is only about $2k more than a BRZ. Prices will go up for both the Z and the twins, but I expect much more for the former, probably $45k.

I'm cross-shopping and I bet others are too based on forum chat. The Z has the power, is more GT-like for longer trips, and has (importantly for me) a rev-matching mt. The twins are cheaper and lighter-weight so probably more agile and light on their feet.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In Canada right now the base Z is only about $2k more than a BRZ. Prices will go up for both the Z and the twins, but I expect much more for the former, probably $45k.

I'm cross-shopping and I bet others are too based on forum chat. The Z has the power, is more GT-like for longer trips, and has (importantly for me) a rev-matching mt. The twins are cheaper and lighter-weight so probably more agile and light on their feet.
The Toyobarus are definitely something to keep an eye on, especially with some of the performance changes they made. I'm curious to see how much of a difference it makes. I just have to remind myself that I can't compare them directly to the Z.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I find the 86 to be extremely compelling, I definitely wouldn't mind owning one and a Z35.

Seeing as how the war department won't approve, I can only get one. In that case, I don't even consider the 86 due to a na motor. I used to own a 2016 GTI, and really appreciated the boost in the mountains. So excited to be able to buy a twin turbo Z. I am sure at lower elevations the 86 will be tons of fun. But I take road trips through mountains frequently, I'll much prefer a boosted car at elevation.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts