Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I was at a track day this weekend, Auto Club Speedway, saw 4-5 Supras running, they were fast on the straights, it sure looks like again the published 335 hp is underrated, typical BMW specs, maybe closer to the Z4's hp rating.
I've heard from others that the Supra is underrated. That Toyota substantially increased the hp rating for this model year makes me think there was plenty of power on the table in the first year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was at a track day this weekend, Auto Club Speedway, saw 4-5 Supras running, they were fast on the straights, it sure looks like again the published 335 hp is underrated, typical BMW specs, maybe closer to the Z4's hp rating.
That would make sense. I remember reading articles about dyno tests that showed the Supra producing more power than advertised.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've heard from others that the Supra is underrated. That Toyota substantially increased the hp rating for this model year makes me think there was plenty of power on the table in the first year.
Toyota had no choice. People will expect updates every year for the next 7 years.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Nissan Z Proto
Length: 172.5 in
Width: 72.8 in
Height: 51.6 in

Toyota Supra
Length: 172.5 in
Width: 73 in
Height: 51.1 in

21 - 24 of 24 Posts