Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon a more complete review than I'd realized was already out there. I should preface my comments with the fact that the first time I laid eyes on the 'Proto' version, I knew I had to have one, just like when I saw the first photos of the 350Z. Anyway, the car is awesome, and I'll be drooling over it until there's one parked in my garage... but it's boring to just state the obvious, so I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone shares my nit-picky complaints:

The main one I wanted to share is about the trunk latch built into the "Nissan" emblem, with the backup camera & "Z" emblem just sorta slapped on there without much symmetry. I'd expect the aftermarket crowd to already be working on a "Z" emblem with the trunk latch as a replacement, but it's sure to be expensive & more than just a superficial/cosmetic swap. So many Z peeps replace the "Nissan" emblems with "Z" versions wherever they can, so this feels like a forced commercial or just a bad decision. Anyone else make a mental note to replace after seeing it for the 1st time?

Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

A few more complaints:
I was kind of disappointed by the color choices I've seen so far...happy to learn the blue is available without the blue interior (I think they overdid that bigtime)... and blue/black would be my 3rd choice, after pumpkin-orange or British Racing Green... I hope those are still possibilities.

The $10k for the loaded version doesn't seem justified .... like they really struggled to find a way to charge the extra dough. The reviewer was right about the underwhelming exhaust note - I added a Stillen exhaust to both of the 350s I had, but I don't like feeling the need to run out & get an exhaust immediately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's impossible to guess how long it'll last, but I'd predict a period following the launch during which they are very difficult to get. I wouldn't be surprised if folks are paying a premium above MSRP, getting on wait-lists, and/or compromising on configuration to get one sooner. Add to all of that the insanity of the current car market, with supply chain problems leading to demand > supply, and it may be a long while before you can walk into a Nissan dealership expecting to negotiate a good deal. There's also the matter of needing a way to tow a dirtbike once I trade in my current vehicle (it might look a little silly towing a motorcycle behind a Z), so the budget may need to include an old pickup.

If the official release happens this fall, I was thinking about next summer as a good time to start shopping. If June 2023 rolls around and people are spending > $55-60k for the base model however, that could change to a lightly used model a little bit further down the road.

Hey @Zmonsta
Thanks for sharing your views on this. When are you planning to buy Z, if I may ask?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't really know where to start.. what's involved with producing something like that is well outside of my area. There's never been a shortage of aftermarket solutions for just about everything related to these cars, so if I'm right and there will be more than a few people looking to do something about this, the market will set a fair price and there'll be options available soon enough.

What do you think would be a reasonable price for a 'Z' emblem to replace the Nissan one?

I think this might be our guy, if we can get a big enough group to commit I'm sure he would consider making them.
http://instagr.am/p/CYCwz_sOaPu/ He's already working on a Z blank key:
View attachment 7660

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I wouldn't really know where to start.. what's involved with producing something like that is well outside of my area. There's never been a shortage of aftermarket solutions for just about everything related to these cars, so if I'm right and there will be more than a few people looking to do something about this, the market will set a fair price and there'll be options available soon enough.
I guess $50-80 (or a bit more) could be what we're looking at if pricing of emblems for the 370Z are any indication of pricing here.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Yeah it would be nice to have had the Z emblem instead of the Nissan on the fob....speaking of fob this is my fob cover for the GTR. You can buy this for the Z too. I will pick up one closer to when the car arrives
Gadget Sports equipment Gas Communication Device Audio equipment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts