Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new here... As I guess most of you are as well hehe :alien:

So... Any information (even if you heard a guy say he heard a guy think he heard another dude say) about:

1. The chances of having an interior color choice other than charcoal on this new Z darling? Burnt orange? Tan?
2. The chances of seeing this Z in a BLACK CHERRY or some sort of DARK GREEN skin? Oooooooooh yeah baby....

Any info is welcome. Be creative. I write fiction. Make me a believer ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
I was wondering the same thing. The best for me would be red or orange interior. But probably colour choice wont happen. Or at least not at launch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello!
I was wondering the same thing. The best for me would be red or orange interior. But probably colour choice wont happen. Or at least not at launch.
I'm hoping one, ONE, light (tan, orange) option, perhaps not for all exterior colors, but on some, like they used to did for a few years and ext colors for the 370... Something to warm the interior up...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree that there should be more interior color options than 50-shades-of-black with a few contrasting splashes here and there (such as the Supra provides, for instance). Some sort of tan (which Nissan already employs in new models) would be lovely. Maybe red or blue or even a dove grey would be welcome additions.

As to exterior colors, if the recent unofficial reporting is to be believed, the colors from the 2020 Z will be carrying over and will be joined by a new yellow (presumably close to that of the Z Proto) as well as a new orange (presumably something like the new orange on the Rogue). I think that more will join eventually, but the only "exciting" colors to begin with are seemingly going to be red, blue, yellow, and orange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that there should be more interior color options than 50-shades-of-black with a few contrasting splashes here and there (such as the Supra provides, for instance). Some sort of tan (which Nissan already employs in new models) would be lovely. Maybe red or blue or even a dove grey would be welcome additions.

View attachment 1205

As to exterior colors, if the recent unofficial reporting is to be believed, the colors from the 2020 Z will be carrying over and will be joined by a new yellow (presumably close to that of the Z Proto) as well as a new orange (presumably something like the new orange on the Rogue). I think that more will join eventually, but the only "exciting" colors to begin with are seemingly going to be red, blue, yellow, and orange.

View attachment 1206

View attachment 1207

View attachment 1204
Pinning my hopes on a tan interior, then... I could live with a black, white or blue Z with a tan interior...

·
Registered
290 Posts

So... Any information (even if you heard a guy say he heard a guy think he heard another dude say) about:

1. The chances of having an interior color choice other than charcoal on this new Z darling? Burnt orange? Tan?
2. The chances of seeing this Z in a BLACK CHERRY or some sort of DARK GREEN skin? Oooooooooh yeah baby....

Hello!
Welcome to the forum @Boomer Harrison & @Bimbo! Would either of you consider wrapping your Z if it doesn't come in the color you want?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure if everyone here saw, but we are getting a blue interior option, evidently (this looks like the Silver "Type T" that we've been seeing, now in AZ):

View attachment 1247

LEAKED: New Images Of Nissan Z Emerge | CarBuzz

Based upon this, I would predict that there will be a few other interesting choices, as well. Red, tan, maybe grey, etc. Good times!
Oooooohhhh thanks for that!!!! Indeed, i dont figure them putting in a blue interior without also offering something more « warm » like tan... made my day dude!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

You’re speaking my language! British Racing Green (BRG) with a brown or tan baseball glove leather interior would be the ticket. Hell, put that interior in ANY Z regardless of exterior color and it’d be a winner. When I bought my G37 S coupe 6MT a couple years back, it was a low mileage garage queen - a rare bird - so the car, not the color, was the only consideration when I bought it. As such I was “stuck“ with pearlescent white on black leather. Ho-hum, and probably my last choice had I been able to spec it out. That’s why my fingers are crossed for BRG or Cherry or even electric blue paint on a brown/tan interior in the Z. I won’t be a buyer until 2024 or so, and I’d settle for nothing less than a 6MT Nismo though based on the 370Z Nismo, my color choice preference may not pan out and I’ll have to yet again settle for ho-hum just to get the right car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You’re speaking my language! British Racing Green (BRG) with a brown or tan baseball glove leather interior would be the ticket. Hell, put that interior in ANY Z regardless of exterior color and it’d be a winner. When I bought my G37 S coupe 6MT a couple years back, it was a low mileage garage queen - a rare bird - so the car, not the color, was the only consideration when I bought it. As such I was “stuck“ with pearlescent white on black leather. Ho-hum, and probably my last choice had I been able to spec it out. That’s why my fingers are crossed for BRG or Cherry or even electric blue paint on a brown/tan interior in the Z. I won’t be a buyer until 2024 or so, and I’d settle for nothing less than a 6MT Nismo though based on the 370Z Nismo, my color choice preference may not pan out and I’ll have to yet again settle for ho-hum just to get the right car.
BRG/tan would be kickass. I actually bought a user Jaguar X-Type in british racing green with tan interior... ultra classy feel... and to top it off, it was a manual tranny! If the Z came in that color combo, it would be a godsend! 😍

·
Registered
30 Posts
BRG/tan would be kickass. I actually bought a user Jaguar X-Type in british racing green with tan interior... ultra classy feel... and to top it off, it was a manual tranny! If the Z came in that color combo, it would be a godsend! 😍
Everything automotive is better when it’s green on tan. Nice car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts