Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
What the heck is that funky sheen on the dash?

I hope the dash isn't starting to get "sticky" this early (some of you know what I'm talking about!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
What the heck is that funky sheen on the dash?

I hope the dash isn't starting to get "sticky" this early (some of you know what I'm talking about!)
This is clearly pre-production (likely a press car), as evidenced by the lack of final dash covering and some alarmingly large panel gaps. My guess is that a soft-touch layer will be added over the top of that hard molded plastic.

It almost certainly will not look like that when you view it at a dealership :LOL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Everything automotive is better when it’s green on tan. Nice car!
A close second to green on tan, in my opinion, would be dark (almost black) red exterior on tan interior... Like the Desire Red of Jag, or the Black Cherry I had on my 370Z... That car plus a tan interior would have been my perfect toy platform on which to add a supercharger... Oh well, will have to cross my fingers for a tan interior 400Z, and tweak the TTs to dip into 11s... The HORROR!!! :love:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not sure if everyone here saw, but we are getting a blue interior option, evidently (this looks like the Silver "Type T" that we've been seeing, now in AZ):

View attachment 1247

LEAKED: New Images Of Nissan Z Emerge | CarBuzz

Based upon this, I would predict that there will be a few other interesting choices, as well. Red, tan, maybe grey, etc. Good times!
I'm very interested to see how popular this interior is going to be compared to the other options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A close second to green on tan, in my opinion, would be dark (almost black) red exterior on tan interior... Like the Desire Red of Jag, or the Black Cherry I had on my 370Z... That car plus a tan interior would have been my perfect toy platform on which to add a supercharger... Oh well, will have to cross my fingers for a tan interior 400Z, and tweak the TTs to dip into 11s... The HORROR!!! :love:
I agree 100%. Cherry on tan is “da bomb” without question and is far more likely to happen than my BRG. My Acura MDX is dark cherry pearl on beige and we love it even after owning it for almost eight years. Regarding the blue interior, I don’t wanna step on anyone’s toes, but, ugh. I had two 280ZX’s as my first two cars (they were used) and when I was shopping, I was aghast at the cars with blue interiors, maroon interiors and those cheesy-sci-fi-looking SILVER leather chairs. My two 280ZX’s were Red on Black vinyl and Metallic Copper on Beige leather w/brown interior - that copper car was gorgeous and could be the one (or sunburst orange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I agree 100%. Cherry on tan is “da bomb” without question and is far more likely to happen than my BRG. My Acura MDX is dark cherry pearl on beige and we love it even after owning it for almost eight years. Regarding the blue interior, I don’t wanna step on anyone’s toes, but, ugh. I had two 280ZX’s as my first two cars (they were used) and when I was shopping, I was aghast at the cars with blue interiors, maroon interiors and those cheesy-sci-fi-looking SILVER leather chairs. My two 280ZX’s were Red on Black vinyl and Metallic Copper on Beige leather w/brown interior - that copper car was gorgeous and could be the one (or sunburst orange.
Agree as well... Black cherry and tan, fuck the price, i dont care, it's mine!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully they do a baseball glove interior option, as an alternate to blue alcantara, or all black. Oxblood Red would be good, too.

Exterior, not a comprehensive list, but what I would like to see:
Copper Orange
Forest/Emerald green.
Rich red (similar to Mazda Soul Red)
Aqua Blue
Silver - of course it is going to offer silver... and Black.
Magnetic Gray (like hematite)
Something like TechnoViolet
Speed Yellow (warmer than the Proto color)
A more subtle mustard gold color could be interesting.
Cold Pearl white not tinted slightly yellow, but not just single-stage glossy-appliance-white, either. Best exterior choice for the blue interior, or red.

a good selection of silver, gray/machined contrast, and bronze wheel options.

·
Registered
34 Posts
^ Great ideas, but most of those colours will never be seen, at least in the Canadian market. We'll be lucky to get a basic red and (maybe) a blue. The proto yellow will only show up (if it does at all) in an expensive launch edition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At least for '22 it's going to be a palate of carry over 2020 Colors + Yellow and Orange.

Pearl White
Brilliant Silver
Gunmetal
Magnetic Black
Passion Red
Deep Blue
Heritage Yellow
Sunset Drift

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunset Drift could be a winner, but I'd have to see it in natural light. The "ChromaFlair" pigment has relatively slick color-changing properties but I would reserve judgement until I can actually see how it works with the Z's design.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts