Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
None at the moment. Probably get a Gun Metal w Graphite Leather 9 speed AT Perfrormance . Was planning on 6 speed until I watched the ride along w 615.
Can't blame you, automatics have come a long way over the years and outpace manuals without much effort.
I actually expected a lower percentage of autos here...
Font Electric blue Circle Plot Graphics

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hello. I sold 77 and 78 280Z's ( probably 75 to 80) in 1976 77 and 78. I worked at Gillilan Datsun in Inglewood CA. I had FUN. I also owned New a 260z (silver) and 280z
Racing Green. It is now time for another.

Daddo
Welcome to the foroum @Daddo! When you were selling Zs how did you think the 260Z and 280Z compared to each other?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were very similar except for the fuel delivery. The 260 had very serious vapor lock problems they could never solve and the reason I sold it. When the 280 came out with the Fuel Injection it was a game changer. Super performance and reliability. The only other changes I really noticed were the cosmetic hood louvers ( which I liked) . Remember it's been 45 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well as it seems that no one will get a REASONABLE deal for a while, and the fact that they are still trying to get the programing right in the trans ( this will take a while even after release).
If I had my wish- ASAP but that won't happen. I WILL NOT pay above MSRP. I worked in the industry and saw Good Dealers and Bad Dealers, (include Sales Managers). The phone and visiting dealers is your friend. I think this upcoming RECESSION is going to be a game changer. A little more than a year after its release Nissan is going to want to get paid back for its R&D and will pump out more Z's than you might think. Not everybody wants a 2 seat sports car. If I remember correctly it was only about 50,000 units a year at its best. You can't pay for this kind of R&D and production in today's market with those numbers. Maybe if your a Lambo or Ferrari but not at this price point. This and the fact that gas is UP. If I was a manufacturer and I just put a Billion dollars in R&D to enhance its name I'd want my money back. Remember A CAR IS JUST A HUNK OF TWISTED METAL AND PLASTIC, SOME TWISTED NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL A HUNK OF TWISTED METAL AND PLASTIC. Please Do NOT get emotionally involved or the dealer has you where they want you.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Well as it seems that no one will get a REASONABLE deal for a while, and the fact that they are still trying to get the programing right in the trans ( this will take a while even after release).
If I had my wish- ASAP but that won't happen. I WILL NOT pay above MSRP. I worked in the industry and saw Good Dealers and Bad Dealers, (include Sales Managers). The phone and visiting dealers is your friend. I think this upcoming RECESSION is going to be a game changer. A little more than a year after its release Nissan is going to want to get paid back for its R&D and will pump out more Z's than you might think. Not everybody wants a 2 seat sports car. If I remember correctly it was only about 50,000 units a year at its best. You can't pay for this kind of R&D and production in today's market with those numbers. Maybe if your a Lambo or Ferrari but not at this price point. This and the fact that gas is UP. If I was a manufacturer and I just put a Billion dollars in R&D to enhance its name I'd want my money back. Remember A CAR IS JUST A HUNK OF TWISTED METAL AND PLASTIC, SOME TWISTED NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL A HUNK OF TWISTED METAL AND PLASTIC. Please Do NOT get emotionally involved or the dealer has you where they want you.
Amen to that, I want this car as much as the next person but I'm not paying thousands of dollars above sticker to do that. I'll happily wait for the right car to come to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amen to that, I want this car as much as the next person but I'm not paying thousands of dollars above sticker to do that. I'll happily wait for the right car to come to me.
Yeah same this is gonna be my biggest car purchase so I’m willing to wait no way I’m paying an insane mark up for made up packages

1 - 11 of 11 Posts