Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Way too early for that I think.

So far the car we've seen is just a prototype and some rumors suggest it won't be on sale until 2022 at the earliest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a deposit on the new Supra for 2yrs (which I didn’t buy) so I am sure some dealers will take deposits now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have locked my spot at my dealership - 1st on their allocation list, with that they have agreed to sticker. They wouldn't take any $$ just information - should be able to place definitive order in February - just prior to production, hopefully it's earlier. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have locked my spot at my dealership - 1st on their allocation list, with that they have agreed to sticker. They wouldn't take any $$ just information - should be able to place definitive order in February - just prior to production, hopefully it's earlier. :)
So they went from "we won't take any money cuz we know nothing" to "sure, we'll take your money for a car that's at least a year out...and we still know literally nothing".

Shady dealer at best. Gross.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So they went from "we won't take any money cuz we know nothing" to "sure, we'll take your money for a car that's at least a year out...and we still know literally nothing".

Shady dealer at best. Gross.
I'll be interesting to see if they really sell it at MSRP or try to sell a markup in some crafty way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be interesting to see if they really sell it at MSRP or try to sell a markup in some crafty way.
My guess is now they know this guy is desperate for the car and they will upcharge the hell out of it. Common practice from dealers that second sticker cars. My dealer is part of a big auto group that has a policy against it. So I'm set.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm hopeful this car arrives a lot sooner than that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've placed a deposit at my local premium Nissan dealership already - they said that three people before me already placed deposits.
These guys are #1 Nissan dealership in the country, they also are a GT-R dealer so expect them to be first to know.

Was $500 so not too much to miss for 12 months, but at least gives me foot in the door for all official events and local launch too, so not bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've placed a deposit at my local premium Nissan dealership already - they said that three people before me already placed deposits.
These guys are #1 Nissan dealership in the country, they also are a GT-R dealer so expect them to be first to know.

Was $500 so not too much to miss for 12 months, but at least gives me foot in the door for all official events and local launch too, so not bad.
If you believe that, that's great. But any reputable dealer will tell you that all of that is smoke being blown up your ass. I legitimately hope that your deposit actually secures you a first allocation car, but historically that isn't how this works. Especially when the dealers have no idea what's going on with this car. Literally none.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hey ninjazx most of us realize this is too early, but nothing wrong with getting excited, as long as people realize any $ deposit means nothing now. I have good relationship with my local dealer and consistent talks w these guys about the Z are good. They will notify me, if anything, of any ordering or arrival or other info. Communication is key here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Little bit different in Oz mate.
There's a contract, and there are conditions its subject to, price, test drive.
Contract says 2022 Z.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey ninjazx most of us realize this is too early, but nothing wrong with getting excited, as long as people realize any $ deposit means nothing now. I have good relationship with my local dealer and consistent talks w these guys about the Z are good. They will notify me, if anything, of any ordering or arrival or other info. Communication is key here.
Well, good luck. Historically...a lot of people have had to deal with headaches doing exactly what you did with your dealer. Hopefully not in this case though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m in Vancouver Canada and just put a deposit down. Dealer said I was No 3. They had no pricing or details on availability.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts