Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
A British Nissan dealer used that same information on their website. Maybe there's some validity to Autocar's report after all?

Nissan's next generation Z car reportedly named the 400Z may receive a 475bhp NISMO version
  • Rumours bubble away about a partnership with Mercedes on the next Z car
  • Autocar receive word that the next gen 'Z car' has been given the green light and will be named the '400Z'
  • 475bhp NISMO version will adapt the Infinity Q60 twin turbo V6 engine

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AutoCar is one of the more reputable publications.

But lets forget the publications for a moment because it doesn't take much to connect the dots when you look at basic. Number one, Nissan HAS to source a high output engine from somewhere and what better than the Q60? Its always been like this.

Also, asking for 75hp more from an engine that currently does 400 is quite reasonable.

Anything closer to 450hp will make it less of a NISMO product.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I can see how that would be good from a selling point. That’s definitely a bigger jump than previous Nismo models. Especially being that they used to cost 10 grand more and only got like 15 or 20 more horsepower. Yes it did have a slightly different suspension and definitely better looking and some interior differences. I personally felt that they never were worth it and we have yet to see the pricing more or less the car as of yet. And even if they can bump the horsepower in what manner are they going to do it will be slightly different turbos, more boost who knows. Just makes me wonder how special it can be that you couldn’t already able to do on what the new 400 with a tune. I do know from past Nismo models they had a little bit more bump of horsepower but never seem to get better numbers on the Dyno when adding aftermarket performance parts because you can only pump so much air through those NA models but this is a whole different ballgame with these twin turbos.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We've barely heard about the 400Z and already we're talking about a 400Z NISMO?
I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves here.

Although I do want that NISMO!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rumors are coming out of Japan that there will be range-topping 480Z model that will have 480 HP and that a Nismo version would have 500 hp.

(Translated from Japanese)

However, according to the new information obtained this time, the name of "480Z" is given to the strongest model and it demonstrates more than 480ps. It has been rumored that the NISMO version with a maximum output of 500 horsepower will also appear in the previous information, and the relationship with the 480Z will also be noted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts