Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found this while randomly checking the #400z tag on Instagram and WOW...

http://instagr.am/p/CNT3oLMBHMu/
View attachment 1242
Thanks for posting this! Glad to see Nissan will offer something other than black or gray interiors. What I don’t get is why we haven’t seen a brown or tan leather interior as they are truly beautiful interior colors and were prevalent in the 70’s, not just in 240/260/280 Z/ZX’s, but in Porsches, Ferrari’s, etc to this day. Brown or tan baseball glove leather seats - charge a premium if you must, Nissan - just be sure to offer them. Blue? Really?!?! Hopefully we won’t see that awful burgundy/maroon color that faded in the sun to a pukey pinkish-red in the 70’s and 80’s. It’s a premium car, Nissan, so let’s see some premium colors on the inside too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Glad to see Nissan will offer something other than black or gray interiors. What I don’t get is why we haven’t seen a brown or tan leather interior as they are truly beautiful interior colors and were prevalent in the 70’s, not just in 240/260/280 Z/ZX’s, but in Porsches, Ferrari’s, etc to this day. Brown or tan baseball glove leather seats - charge a premium if you must, Nissan - just be sure to offer them. Blue? Really?!?! Hopefully we won’t see that awful burgundy/maroon color that faded in the sun to a pukey pinkish-red in the 70’s and 80’s. It’s a premium car, Nissan, so let’s see some premium colors on the inside too.
That reminds me of what the 370Z had as an option. If it was done that recent then I'm sure it will be included here as well.
What exterior color option would you pair it with?

·
Registered
30 Posts
That reminds me of what the 370Z had as an option. If it was done that recent then I'm sure it will be included here as well.
What exterior color option would you pair it with?
I honestly can’t think of a single exterior color on a Z that wouldn’t look good with a baseball glove brown/tan (not beige) interior. IMO that interior color is superlative and pales all others in comparison. Having said that I can only recommend colors I I’d like to see. I’m partial to BRG, Brown (yes, a metallic brown), Electric Blue, Orange, Black, Silver and Red (in that order) for exterior paint. We probably won’t get all of those choices, but the interior color is more important than exterior because almost everyone spends vastly more time inside their cars than they do staring at them from the outside.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do the seats look like Alcantara to you?

Has Nissan used Alcantara seats on other models?

·
Registered
126 Posts

Oh, yeah, the inserts are almost certainly Alcantara. You can kind of make out the textural difference even in the low-grade photos.

I know that Alcantara seat inserts are an option in the Maxima so it seems very plausible.

·
Registered
30 Posts

That blue interior appears to have leather on the bolsters and headrest with an Alcantara inserts on the seat and seat back. Great catch there! I hadn’t noticed the dual fabric nature of the seats until you brought it up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I sure hope so, I was putting away cash for a Z32 TT right before the whole Nissan Next thing went down but changed my mind on that once I saw the Z Proto. I just hope the dealer markup doesn’t push a base model into Supra and Type R territory.
The only reason prices go above MSRP is because people are willing to pay that amount. I strongly urge EVERYONE - whether you won the lottery not - do NOT pay above MSRP, ESPECIALLY on the first models off the boat. If there are ANY problems with the new Z, they should show up almost immediately. If you’re willing to take a risk on the first batch of cars, why should you pay a premium to do so? Makes no sense. Be prepared to walk away and prices will normalize quickly. Oftentimes there’s a dealer (usually the highest volume dealer in the area) that’s willing to sell all they can get at MSRP or below, knowing the smaller dealers will hold onto dear life until they get a $5K-$10K premium on the first shipment or two. Don’t be that guy (or gal).

·
Registered
327 Posts
That blue interior appears to have leather on the bolsters and headrest with an Alcantara inserts on the seat and seat back. Great catch there! I hadn’t noticed the dual fabric nature of the seats until you brought it up.
I believe the 370Z comes with alcantara and leather seats in a model or two. NISMO version for sure.

Anyone not a fan of alcantara? I heard it can be tough to keep clean and looking like new.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
No issues with alcantara inserts in seats at all
Only problem I have with alcantara ( I've had it on Nismo GTR juke and sentra) is the steering wheel over time kind of gets this gooey feel to it. It's basically the sweat and skin cells from your hands sort of mixes with the fabric and it's like a mushy feel. What i do use armor all cleaning wipes on them and then occasionally brush the back of the wheel where my fingers go with a brush. This won't apply to the Z until a Nismo version.

But for the seats i actually prefer it over an all leather seat

·
Registered
167 Posts
No issues with alcantara inserts in seats at all
Only problem I have with alcantara ( I've had it on Nismo GTR juke and sentra) is the steering wheel over time kind of gets this gooey feel to it. It's basically the sweat and skin cells from your hands sort of mixes with the fabric and it's like a mushy feel. What i do use armor all cleaning wipes on them and then occasionally brush the back of the wheel where my fingers go with a brush. This won't apply to the Z until a Nismo version.

But for the seats i actually prefer it over an all leather seat
Yea. I've seen that happen on a few Cadillacs. Anything you can do to fix that? Other than just re-coating the wheel?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t mind the odd colors in vintage cars. In some cases they’re kinda nice. I just hope that if Nissan is serious about offering a blue interior, they’ll also offer the perennially classic brown or tan (not beige) baseball glove-colored leather seating and dash accents which are beloved in almost all vintage cars and are still relevant today as seen in just about every high end sports car extant - Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, etc.. Please!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts