Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Where did you find this ?

Ive accumulated a lot of sources over the last couple decades doing this and get things sent over ..... it was sent out to US dealers today

this is good that we have some concrete info about how this will work but the way im reading it I think we will see a staggered drip of cars throughout the 2023 model year and they want proto visibility at the first of this roll out. looks like most of us who dont want a yellow Z will be waiting.

I expect these inisial proto mark ups to be 15-20K sadly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive accumulated a lot of sources over the last couple decades doing this and get things sent over ..... it was sent out to US dealers today

this is good that we have some concrete info about how this will work but the way im reading it I think we will see a staggered drip of cars throughout the 2023 model year and they want proto visibility at the first of this roll out. looks like most of us who dont want a yellow Z will be waiting.

I expect these inisial proto mark ups to be 15-20K sadly
still a slow rollout though. if they talking about rolling this thing out in late aug sept, summer is already over what a flop of a release.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still a slow rollout though. if they talking about rolling this thing out in late aug sept, summer is already over what a flop of a release.
I dont think the majority of dealers in the US will see any Zs until that 90 day 370z allocation forumla ends because lets be honest out side of the big markets no one was selling hardly any volume of 370zs in the last few years. the dealer im getting my Z from hasnt had anyone ask for a 370z since 2019

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow this reads the complete opposite of the recent Australian bulletin. Dealers here will receive no allocations other than a demonstration vehicle, they must be kept for 9 months. All customers are being contacted directly in order of reservations placed. I wonder why Nissan treats our markets so differently?

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow this reads the complete opposite of the recent Australian bulletin. Dealers here will receive no allocations other than a demonstration vehicle, they must be kept for 9 months. All customers are being contacted directly in order of reservations placed. I wonder why Nissan treats our markets so differently?
so its 2 things in my opinion got to imagine its A) market size and B) US dealer franchise laws

with such a smaller market of cars they can have a more direct sale method to the customer also like what we saw in Canada

for the US there are over 1K nissan dealers in the US so a far bigger market and dealers in the US are more independant from Nissan where the way I understand it outside of the US they act more like a direct extension of nissan even though they might still be indepedantly owned. so this is why I dont think nissan can do like a customer preorder system with the Z in the US. for us its more of a first come first serve to the highest bidder for these cars. once a dealer in the US buys the Z from nissan they can do whatever with it they please and there is little nissan or a manufacturer can do about it open market capitalism at its very finest

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I am now getting this information as well. This kills me a bit to be honest. Selling Zs was already hard but COVID made it miserable. Hell just getting Nissan to send Zs was a nightmare.

yea man its going to be rough. how many Z's have you guys sold since 2018? the dealer im getting my Z from has sold 0 since 2019. like I said in a post on facebook on one hand I dont get using 370zs as the end all be all factor for allocations since interest in that car died off years before the actual car so its not apples to apples representative of the same customer base...but at the same time I get there needs to be some metric for this and the outgoing model seems logical I guess.

by the way like your avatar...back in the day I had NISMO Z #0033

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea man its going to be rough. how many Z's have you guys sold since 2018? the dealer im getting my Z from has sold 0 since 2019. like I said in a post on facebook on one hand I dont get using 370zs as the end all be all factor for allocations since interest in that car died off years before the actual car so its not apples to apples representative of the same customer base...but at the same time I get there needs to be some metric for this and the outgoing model seems logical I guess.

by the way like your avatar...back in the day I had NISMO Z #0033
I can't say. I started working for Nissan as a salesman in May of 2020. So I am trying to get ahold of our new car director to see if he can get me sales numbers.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok yea was just curious to get a feel for what an average dealer was sellling of these 370z in the time frame. I cant imagine its very many at all as the 370 was very stagnant in that time frame sure there was an anniverary edition in 2020 but then you had 1 year of that formula during the pandemic so I guess a decent number of dealers will hit that 10 mark... but id be really surprised to see a whole bunch of dealers who were over 30. I think there are just under 1100 nissan dealers in the US. I guess nissan has internal numbers that 240 of those hit those thresholds?

only semi positive take a way I have from this is all dealers will get 1 car (eventually) for the 2023 roll out. I know without a doubt I get the first car my dealer gets so the issue for me is making sure its a black performance 9AT. having to cross your fingers you will get the chance to pay 53K for a car that may or may not be your color is crazy. I just ordered a 2023 70th anniversary C8 for my dad and speced it out down to the stitch color and it showed up in 2 months. this I fear will be months of uncertainty

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok yea was just curious to get a feel for what an average dealer was sellling of these 370z in the time frame. I cant imagine its very many at all as the 370 was very stagnant in that time frame sure there was an anniverary edition in 2020 but then you had 1 year of that formula during the pandemic so I guess a decent number of dealers will hit that 10 mark... but id be really surprised to see a whole bunch of dealers who were over 30. I think there are just under 1100 nissan dealers in the US. I guess nissan has internal numbers that 240 of those hit those thresholds?

only semi positive take a way I have from this is all dealers will get 1 car (eventually) for the 2023 roll out. I know without a doubt I get the first car my dealer gets so the issue for me is making sure its a black performance 9AT. having to cross your fingers you will get the chance to pay 53K for a car that may or may not be your color is crazy. I just ordered a 2023 70th anniversary C8 for my dad and speced it out down to the stitch color and it showed up in 2 months. this I fear will be months of uncertainty
So I started in May of 2020 and we got 2 new Z cars then never received another one. from 2018-2020 I don't have sales numbers but I will hopefully be able to post that tomorrow.

Now I did know that Nissan would be sending somewhere between 1-3 Z cars to all dealers in the US. Nissan is consistent with doing this for all dealers in the US.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts