Nissan Z Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
99 Posts
I'd be curious if your dealer has any intel about the allocation announcement in the US yesterday and whether that has any application to Canada. I'm in the same position as you -- preordered in February -- but I'm starting to get nervous that perhaps Nissan Canada will do the same thing they did in the US and fulfill the proto orders first. It just doesn't make sense that Canada would end up with all the Z models on the road and the US would only have the protos.
Yeah, that and it kind of makes you wonder what the point of the reservation/preorder system was in the first place up here. False hope ? Or simply gauging interest in the product for the Canadian market ?

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic MT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, that and it kind of makes you wonder what the point of the reservation/preorder system was in the first place up here. False hope ? Or simply gauging interest in the product for the Canadian market ?
My thinking was that they engaged in the Canadian pre-order process before they fully appreciated the demand for the Z both in Canada and the US. I suspect they also encountered additional supply chain issues since the pre-ordering process. Now that they're faced with a limited number of LHD vehicles -- they'll be forced to ration them. I really hope I'm wrong.... but the fact that I haven't heard any updates since I placed my order, makes me think that my car hasn't even gone into production. I'm not holding my breath that we/Canadians will see our pre-ordered cars any faster than the Americans..... unless you ordered the proto.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My thinking was that they engaged in the Canadian pre-order process before they fully appreciated the demand for the Z both in Canada and the US. I suspect they also encountered additional supply chain issues since the pre-ordering process. Now that they're faced with a limited number of LHD vehicles -- they'll be forced to ration them. I really hope I'm wrong.... but the fact that I haven't heard any updates since I placed my order, makes me think that my car hasn't even gone into production. I'm not holding my breath that we/Canadians will see our pre-ordered cars any faster than the Americans..... unless you ordered the proto.
Unfortunately feeling the same :( I was originally told around July-Sept. But, now who knows. Still no word on mine either. Mine was an official dealer placed order submitted to Nissan for approval on January 29th, just before the online reservation system opened up on Nissan Canada. Still have my fingers crossed. But, starting to have my doubts. Getting a car from the west coast to Ontario takes almost two weeks as it is. So even if they are producing, or shipping. It's got to be a while yet, unless they just randomly appear. But, there have been zero spots of Z's on carriers in North America (other than Guam, Hawaii, and Mariana Islands)

Still hoping to get at least a few weeks of summer cruising in before storage for the winter :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
The fact that they are still doing the z tour at dealerships this late is already bad. I saw the red one in april at my dealership. Was this release ever intended for a spring release? 0 communication between nissan and its customers. Love the heritage of the cars but the brand and marketing itself needs new faces to take over.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The fact that they are still doing the z tour at dealerships this late is already bad. I saw the red one in april at my dealership. Was this release ever intended for a spring release? 0 communication between nissan and its customers. Love the heritage of the cars but the brand and marketing itself needs new faces to take over.
Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of the dealership show and tell tour, haha. It was at my dealership last week, but only appeared for an hour. When I woke up from night shift, at 11:40, the car was scheduled to leave at noon. I couldn't make the 40 min drive and see it in person before it was gone.

I mean, at this point, I got this deep feeling the heavy media coverage, commercials, reviews by a million "influencers", dealer tours, car shows, cars and coffee's and all the hype is starting to die out.. people will be bored of the car before it even releases. The good thing that just never seems to come. Anyone in a more northern climate probably won't even be able to or will purchase one that's not pre-allocated until probably spring/summer next year. People are still somewhat excited. But, I feel it's getting stale real quick now. Until we get them in the hands of the people, the enthusiasts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of the dealership show and tell tour, haha. It was at my dealership last week, but only appeared for an hour.
100% agree. My dealer sent me pics and a video of the car that showed up at their dealership. I was thinking, thanks but your iPhone pics/video are nothing compared to the hours of reviews I've watched online. Truth is, I nearly had a heart attack just seeing that I got an email from the dealership -- I thought maybe there was a real update. Alas, just pics... arrrggg... Nissan should be paying for the therapy I'm going to need over this car/waiting.o_O:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not sure if folks have seen the latest pics of a truckload of Z's arriving in Puerto Rico -- is it possible that we'll see the same thing happen in Canada? I have assumed that my dealership would know when my pre-ordered car was being built and shipped. Maybe Nissan isn't doing that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure if folks have seen the latest pics of a truckload of Z's arriving in Puerto Rico -- is it possible that we'll see the same thing happen in Canada? I have assumed that my dealership would know when my pre-ordered car was being built and shipped. Maybe Nissan isn't doing that?
Doubtful. There has been 0 communication between nissan and usa. Same goes with canadian orders as well along with the Australia side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
this is what nissan canada tweeted back at me
"Hi there, thank you for your interest in the 2023 Nissan Z! Due to unforeseen supply chain issues that are affecting the entire industry, there has been a slight delay to late summer 2022. We would suggest reaching out to your local dealership for additional information!"

·
Registered
60 Posts
this is what nissan canada tweeted back at me
"Hi there, thank you for your interest in the 2023 Nissan Z! Due to unforeseen supply chain issues that are affecting the entire industry, there has been a slight delay to late summer 2022. We would suggest reaching out to your local dealership for additional information!"
"slight"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
There was a FB post on the Z forum about the prospect that US dealerships could be selling live as of August 9. If (and that's a big IF) that's true, we shouldn't be that far behind???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine from Nissan Canada when the online pre-order was open, got my first confirmation at the end of Feb, and got another confirmation (exact same email) at the beginning of July. Talked to my dealer and another Nissan dealer, and they seem to have no idea about the online ordering in Feb, none of the dealers are receiving any information about the online customers. Still totally in dark about the Z.o_O

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered mine from Nissan Canada when the online pre-order was open, got my first confirmation at the end of Feb, and got another confirmation (exact same email) at the beginning of July. Talked to my dealer and another Nissan dealer, and they seem to have no idea about the online ordering in Feb, none of the dealers are receiving any information about the online customers. Still totally in dark about the Z.o_O
I ordered in January 2022. On February 22, 2022 Nissan Canada sent me confirmation of my order. when my future Z will be on the assembly line Nissan Canada will send me the confirmation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered in January 2022. On February 22, 2022 Nissan Canada sent me confirmation of my order. when my future Z will be on the assembly line Nissan Canada will send me the confirmation.
I got the exact same message as you did. But it's still totally silent from Nissan Canada. I will go to the Z-Fest and ask people there to see if there are any updates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
On the FB forum, the Americans are saying that the Proto will go live in the US on Aug 9th (ie next week!). Only 240 Protos spread out across the USA to start. Yet, there's no sign of the Z's for Canada???

Facebook Z Forum

21 - 40 of 65 Posts