Nissan Z Forum banner

Canadian *confirmed* pre-order status updates?

16K views 98 replies 16 participants last post by  -Strike- 
#1 ·
Figured I'd start this thread for those of us 🇨🇦 with confirmed pre-orders to commiserate over the timing of getting delivery of our Zs.

I've been periodically checking in with my GTA dealership to get a status update. I continue to do this despite the fact that I figured out that I probably know more than the dealer does about the Z :giggle:. I checked in with the dealership this week and was told that they still have no updates as to timing -- and that their computer system isn't showing any progress either in terms of my vehicle (no VIN yet). I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that the Z may not arrive until mid-late August. Let's just hope it isn't that much later than August.

Anyone else heard anything?

#3 ·
Figured I'd start this thread for those of us 🇨🇦 with confirmed pre-orders to commiserate over the timing of getting delivery of our Zs.

I've been periodically checking in with my GTA dealership to get a status update. I continue to do this despite the fact that I figured out that I probably know more than the dealer does about the Z :giggle:. I checked in with the dealership this week and was told that they still have no updates as to timing -- and that their computer system isn't showing any progress either in terms of my vehicle (no VIN yet). I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that the Z may not arrive until mid-late August. Let's just hope it isn't that much later than August.

Anyone else heard anything?
I was called in last week to spec out my car and send it out to the factory, no VIN and ETA sadly.
@BB_Sam have you been called to spec your car like @Zark? What are you going to go with?

#9 ·
As Devon noted, my car was spec'd months ago -- when pre-orders opened in Canada back in January. All of the vehicles allocated to Canada were sold out within weeks. I ended up getting the Serian Blue, on Blue, Performance trim, manual transmission.

@BB_Sam & @Zark do you know what initial allocations are like at your dealer or any others close by?
I don't think there are "allocations" like the Americans are dealing with. As far as I know, all of the Z's coming to Canada have been pre-sold as part of the January Canadian launch. I was told that I was the first paid/confirmed order for my dealership (my order was processed within hours of the pre-launch). All of the pre-ordered Z's permit the buyer to back out of the deal (after all, back then we didn't even know the price of the car), so -- in terms of allocation -- the only Z's that will be available in Canada for the 2023 MY will be cancelled pre-orders.

#5 · (Edited)
What's to "spec out"? Colours, trim, and trans were all specified when the national reservation was made (and I assume when the initial pre-orders were taken the week or so before that national system came online). Maybe this is the dealer's attempt to get you to buy accessories, extended warranty, tire protection, etc?

#12 ·
Same with mine. I was able to get an actual order in through my dealership's system on Jan 29th. Just a few days before the live launch on the Nissan website. He was able to put in the colour, transmission and trim package, and then fired the order off to Nissan for approval. They have been in fairly close contact with me,and no word on their end of anything specific. Last they officially heard (like we all did) was a rough July-Sept time frame after they announced the parts shortage. Then he contacted me again the second the pricing table was in his hands.

I think the dealers are kind of in the dark. :( I have a funny feeling some of these are just going to randomly show up at some dealerships soon. And everyone will be like; no thats my pre order, no that one is mine! haha (Insert spiderman pointing at spiderman meme)

#14 ·
I thought about the flippers also. Just thinking about the pricing here in BC, the performance with taxes is going to be right around 70k give or take. That’s a very hefty price already. I guess someone could spend more on a flip, 80-100k before taxes? Seems like a lot for what the car is when you start looking at other cars in that price range.

#19 ·
I have been checking in regularly with
My dealer. I am suppose to go tomorrow and see the car for the first time at my dealer (st Catherine’s). Blue on blue manual ordered and had confirmation from Nissan on 02/02/22

still up in the air after pricing was released if I want it due to not being able to sit or test one yet … time will tell but dealer expects late summer delivery

#20 ·
I have been checking in regularly with
My dealer. I am suppose to go tomorrow and see the car for the first time at my dealer (st Catherine’s). Blue on blue manual ordered and had confirmation from Nissan on 02/02/22

still up in the air after pricing was released if I want it due to not being able to sit or test one yet … time will tell but dealer expects late summer delivery
I'd be curious if your dealer has any intel about the allocation announcement in the US yesterday and whether that has any application to Canada. I'm in the same position as you -- preordered in February -- but I'm starting to get nervous that perhaps Nissan Canada will do the same thing they did in the US and fulfill the proto orders first. It just doesn't make sense that Canada would end up with all the Z models on the road and the US would only have the protos.

#24 ·
The fact that they are still doing the z tour at dealerships this late is already bad. I saw the red one in april at my dealership. Was this release ever intended for a spring release? 0 communication between nissan and its customers. Love the heritage of the cars but the brand and marketing itself needs new faces to take over.

#25 ·
Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of the dealership show and tell tour, haha. It was at my dealership last week, but only appeared for an hour. When I woke up from night shift, at 11:40, the car was scheduled to leave at noon. I couldn't make the 40 min drive and see it in person before it was gone.

I mean, at this point, I got this deep feeling the heavy media coverage, commercials, reviews by a million "influencers", dealer tours, car shows, cars and coffee's and all the hype is starting to die out.. people will be bored of the car before it even releases. The good thing that just never seems to come. Anyone in a more northern climate probably won't even be able to or will purchase one that's not pre-allocated until probably spring/summer next year. People are still somewhat excited. But, I feel it's getting stale real quick now. Until we get them in the hands of the people, the enthusiasts.

#27 ·
Not sure if folks have seen the latest pics of a truckload of Z's arriving in Puerto Rico -- is it possible that we'll see the same thing happen in Canada? I have assumed that my dealership would know when my pre-ordered car was being built and shipped. Maybe Nissan isn't doing that?

#33 ·
this is what nissan canada tweeted back at me
"Hi there, thank you for your interest in the 2023 Nissan Z! Due to unforeseen supply chain issues that are affecting the entire industry, there has been a slight delay to late summer 2022. We would suggest reaching out to your local dealership for additional information!"

#37 ·
I ordered mine from Nissan Canada when the online pre-order was open, got my first confirmation at the end of Feb, and got another confirmation (exact same email) at the beginning of July. Talked to my dealer and another Nissan dealer, and they seem to have no idea about the online ordering in Feb, none of the dealers are receiving any information about the online customers. Still totally in dark about the Z.o_O

#43 ·
Got a bit of an update from my dealership. He said that the first batch of Canadian Z’s are expected to be at the port in Vancouver this month with deliveries in late August or September. The odd thing he said is that it isn’t clear whether that first batch will be spec orders or just a bunch of Protos. Meaning we could be following the US launch plan even with our pre- orders. 🤮🤮🤮. I take all this with a bit of a grain of salt since it seems kinda pointless that they did that whole pre-order thing in canada if this was their plan.

#45 ·
well looks like the builder is up in the usa site. canada must be really far behind. production for sport and performance on nissanusa quotes "2023 Z Performance shown. Late availability - Coming this Fall. Price is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excluding destination charge, tax, title, license and options. Dealer sets actual price."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.