Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive tire

leading up to the debut of the Z proto everyone assumed the Chassis code would be Z35 then we all found out it would remain Z34 like the 370. today while browsing NISMO's website they have new products for the new Z and have the car labeled as a RZ34 along with the Z34/370z

Rectangle Font Water Circle Tree

I did some more digging and found that it is indeed a RZ34 with different prefixes for manual and auto

Manual is known as a 3BA-RZ34 Auto 5BA-RZ34

RZ34 is also listed on the NISMO website

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Brand

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
in the GTR world there have been some chassis code changes within its long life span.
09-11 CBA-R35
12-19 DBA-R35 ( the facelifted 2017 car did not get a chassis code update for some reason)
20+ 4BA-R35 ( knowing this info about the Z maybe the 4BA prefix of the GTR has something to do with its DCT)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m glad to hear they made this change otherwise it would be very hard to distinguish what aftermarket parts would be universal to both or fit just the old Z34 or the new Z34. I suppose R could stand for “Reconfgiured”Z34 or something like that, since apparently the chassis uses the same technology but with various upgrades and changes to its geometry. I think it’s a good middle ground considering it isn’t really a Z35 nor is it truly the old Z34. In some ways it reminds me of the jump from S30 to S130, but then again Nissans chassis destinations haven’t always been consistent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts