Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire

I've seen numerous posts floating around about when deliveries would be and several all point to the Fall. While that's probably true for a lot of folks, Dan at Nissan just confirmed in another thread that dealers will get cars "this summer."

"I am not sure of exact timing but I know that allocations are happening soon, so to be the first on your block, please contact your dealership today."

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m still highly concerned about this launch. The fact that we can’t order is annoying and although I understand why, it will make getting an unmarked up Z extremely hard, let alone one with the color, specification, transmission and interior color that you want. Going on a treasure hunt all around the state/country to find the right one will be a disaster. On top of that with the announcement that the Performance will be hitting the 50K mark, rather then 45-47k range that I had anticipated, it doesn’t look likely that I’ll be getting one of these anytime soon. Also sad that the color options for the Sport model are so underwhelmingly boring. The JDM version as expected is far more configurable and all the colors are available on all trims which is fantastic. I really like the car in general, but the pricing and trim organization is off, and the currently the way the launch has been going is bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah well they said spring last year also. and we went all the way into may 16th just to get all the details. now what is summer? like summer in august or september? they cant just give us like some dates.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Let's just be honest with ourselves. We can't touch this car until this time next year the EARLIEST.

• Dealers will get limited supply on their lots
  • This car is a hot new product with hype in the market
  • Most reviewers actually agree that the car is very good
  • The markup, pre-pandemic/supply chain/inflation madness, would be 5-7k easy for the first year
  • Who knows with all of those factors what they'll be charging

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m still highly concerned about this launch. The fact that we can’t order is annoying and although I understand why, it will make getting an unmarked up Z extremely hard, let alone one with the color, specification, transmission and interior color that you want. Going on a treasure hunt all around the state/country to find the right one will be a disaster. On top of that with the announcement that the Performance will be hitting the 50K mark, rather then 45-47k range that I had anticipated, it doesn’t look likely that I’ll be getting one of these anytime soon. Also sad that the color options for the Sport model are so underwhelmingly boring. The JDM version as expected is far more configurable and all the colors are available on all trims which is fantastic. I really like the car in general, but the pricing and trim organization is off, and the currently the way the launch has been going is bad.
I think the manufactures could care less because of the way the market is right now there only concern is their pockets and they know whatever they build will get sold. I think someone at the top is forgetting that there are a lot of people that just don’t forget when we get jacked over. 😡

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
yeah well they said spring last year also. and we went all the way into may 16th just to get all the details. now what is summer? like summer in august or september? they cant just give us like some dates.
Yeah I think end of August is the most likely outcome for deliveries starting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I think end of August is the most likely outcome for deliveries starting.
I have a feeling end of august early September as well. Which sucks for us who will store it in the winter. I was gonna cancel it then I thought well if I did and reorder I will have to wait over a year for one .

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree with you on that. It may be suffering due to COVID-19 or the shortage of semiconductor chips that the supply chain may have imbalanced. Hope waiting will soon be over.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
I will say that I contact the dealer where I will be getting my Z weekly. I am long time friends with the actual owner of the dealer. I dont speak to any middlemen salesman managers or anything. I call or text him directly. We have done a ton a business together over the years where ive sold almost 2 dozen GTRs for him. He always levels with me and tells me anything and everything he knows. He says nissan has told him nothing about allocations or anything at all. He said his nissan rep for his district knows nothing like it doesnt even exist. my friend told me its so bad he has 10 new nissans total for sale on his lot and his entire order of cars for next month was cancelled. this is where we are at right now. it could change tomorrow but there seems to be no real communication from nissan to the dealer network so far and we are in June.

you would think a couple months prior dealers would start to be getting an idea of how many they will get or atleast a vague time frame. but nothing. I check all the social media facebook groups ect for the Z and no one has one report of anything but speculation from their dealer. there are no screenshots of an order or even allotments or anything.

like I said we could get an update tomorrow and my whole post is now mute but im one of the most loyal fans of the brand there is and im starting to get a little frustrated about the whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
I did see a picture of a few Z's being dropped off in Guam. this is acutally a good sign as I remember from the GTR world the new model year GTR would usually pop up there first as the carrier ships drop them off on the way. so its a small sign for sure but I open it means the process has started

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to put your guys mind at ease. I got curious and found the vessel schedules for nissan and it pretty much lines up with all the production transports we have seen in photos in japan. http://wtc-nmcc.com/pdf/sch_na.pdf
Now with this new guam drop off its pretty much likely the z’s are on the way! Keep a lookout mid june, it will be landing in my area as its first destination.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Just wanted to put your guys mind at ease. I got curious and found the vessel schedules for nissan and it pretty much lines up with all the production transports we have seen in photos in japan. http://wtc-nmcc.com/pdf/sch_na.pdf
Now with this new guam drop off its pretty much likely the z’s are on the way! Keep a lookout mid june, it will be landing in my area as its first destination.

thats pretty cool I was able to track my GTR NISMO the same way years ago as Nissan told me what Vessel it was on. so I went and found the ships ID and tracked its position every few days!

·
Registered
100 Posts
How did you find this? This is cool! So, all of CANADA’s Z’s land in Vancouver first. Then when do they go east to Toronto? Curious if they show that

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
79 Posts
How did you find this? This is cool! So, all of CANADA’s Z’s land in Vancouver first. Then when do they go east to Toronto? Curious if they show that
There's a ton of info on some other forums about the boat schedule. Let me break down what I know as of now;

Currently there is two vessels on that list on their way to New Westminster, BC (Annacis Island Auto Terminal) damn near 100% of all vehicles new and used vehicles from Asia come to Canada at Vancouver. Annacis is the major auto terminal that takes em all in. The ISTRA ACE, and the Marguerite ACE. Both left from Kawasaki and are en-route, should arrive on June 13-15~ depending on the ship.

Now, after that. I looked up how they were transported roughly, and mostly all vehicles in Canada are transported via rail car. Scarborough is the main terminal in Ontario from BC. One of the most common train vehicles transport in Canada from Annacis is MVS. They state their approximate shipping times on enclosed train is 14 days to Ontario. (which is a lot :() So, IF There is Z's on those two boats inbound to Annacis, I wouldn't expect to see them till the first week of July at the earliest, they also got to go from Scarborough depot on a truck from there to what ever dealer gets them. Also depending on how many are coming if any on what boat, to what cities in Canada :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
There's a ton of info on some other forums about the boat schedule. Let me break down what I know as of now;

Currently there is two vessels on that list on their way to New Westminster, BC (Annacis Island Auto Terminal) damn near 100% of all vehicles new and used vehicles from Asia come to Canada at Vancouver. Annacis is the major auto terminal that takes em all in. The ISTRA ACE, and the Marguerite ACE. Both left from Kawasaki and are en-route, should arrive on June 13-15~ depending on the ship.

Now, after that. I looked up how they were transported roughly, and mostly all vehicles in Canada are transported via rail car. Scarborough is the main terminal in Ontario from BC. One of the most common train vehicles transport in Canada from Annacis is MVS. They state their approximate shipping times on enclosed train is 14 days to Ontario. (which is a lot :() So, IF There is Z's on those two boats inbound to Annacis, I wouldn't expect to see them till the first week of July at the earliest, they also got to go from Scarborough depot on a truck from there to what ever dealer gets them. Also depending on how many are coming if any on what boat, to what cities in Canada :D
That’s great info! I’m surprised it’s Scarborough (my old hood) lol

where in Scarborough is it? I can always visit in laws and peak if my car is there lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
So you’re saying there’s a chance!! 😁. Looks like they are inbound gang! Looks like mid July arrivals on the east coast, unless I’m reading that shipping chart wrong. Now it is a numbers game. How many are coming in the first wave and where will they end up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts