Nissan Z Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
So you鈥檙e saying there鈥檚 a chance!! 馃榿. Looks like they are inbound gang! Looks like mid July arrivals on the east coast, unless I鈥檓 reading that shipping chart wrong. Now it is a numbers game. How many are coming in the first wave and where will they end up.
There is a chance! No one knows for sure still how many Z's are on those boats, or where they're headed. But, they're definitely on the move :D

That鈥檚 great info! I鈥檓 surprised it鈥檚 Scarborough (my old hood) lol

where in Scarborough is it? I can always visit in laws and peak if my car is there lol
I'm not 100% sure, I was researching MVS and they said Scarb, so I tried to get all fancy and look at maps and see where most of the trains come in/unload. haha

Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
Here the details on the two boats on the way, and what they look like. Haha. The USA has a different ones based on port location, but if you want for what we know at the moment take a look at that PDF form above, pick the boat name that's due in roughly early June for various ports on the USA part of the list at the bottom right side of the chart and look it up! We can all just cross our fingers and kind of speculate they're carrying Z's :D Free AIS Ship Tracker - VesselFinder

Naval architecture Boat Font Screenshot Parallel

Boat Naval architecture Font Watercraft Line

Registered
Here the details on the two boats on the way, and what they look like. Haha. The USA has a different ones based on port location, but if you want for what we know at the moment take a look at that PDF form above, pick the boat name that's due in roughly early June for various ports on the USA part of the list at the bottom right side of the chart and look it up! We can all just cross our fingers and kind of speculate they're carrying Z's :D Free AIS Ship Tracker - VesselFinder

View attachment 7549
View attachment 7550
Here's a JPG version of the PDF. I wonder how many Zs each shipment has on average.
Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle

Super Moderator
had a long talk with the owner of the dealer im getting my Z from today and literally while we were on the phone he text his DOM ( dealer operations manager) Nissan rep and the guy replied there is no wholesale date been announced yet. this is when nissan would sale the car to the dealer to be sold to the customer. so yea we are 9 days left in June and nothing at all

puts me in a bad situation because the reason I called my friend at the dealer was I got a crazy offer from carmax on my daily driver NISMO sentra and I was asking him what he could put into it for reference. the carmax offer is so good I almost cant say no.. its worth more money 3 years later at 35K miles than I paid for it in 2019 with 8900 miles on it. So i really need to know how long I need to make due without a daily ( I got my wifes pathfinder at times and my dad said I could borrow his chevy colorado for a couple months worst case) this uncertanity sucks but im about to take the leap of faith I think and take that carmax offer. hope in not making the wrong move here

Super Moderator
Nissan just put out a production timeline for August to its dealer network and the Z wasnt on the list of cars that will be allocated.

I find this out literally as im depositing the carmax check for my NISMO sentra. FML

Registered
Spoke with the person at my local Nissan dealer who orders the cars last week. He told me that he doesn't expect to see any Zs until at least the fall and that he can't order one nor have they received any allocation information from Nissan.

Registered
Spoke with the person at my local Nissan dealer who orders the cars last week. He told me that he doesn't expect to see any Zs until at least the fall and that he can't order one nor have they received any allocation information from Nissan.
That is not what we wanted to hear haha

Registered
I mean we saw 2 deliveries to hawaii and guam. Should be coming fairly soon as the vessel list has been updated with many deliveries early july/mid july. I would tune out all these dealerships they actually dont know anything, which is why i stopped contacting with mine because whats the point. Also there is some charity event mid july for the z to be at the dealership in the US
Guam has sold the protos as well. The dealerships know nothing atm just all speculation.

Super Moderator
I personally saw the august ordering and allocations info provided to dealers with my own eyes no mention of the Z at all.

the only hope is that the initial shipements will be distributed to a few dealers based on customer preferance. but as far as ordering a Z what I saw looks like its not in the cards for the next 60 days at least

Registered
I personally saw the august ordering and allocations info provided to dealers with my own eyes no mention of the Z at all.

the only hope is that the initial shipements will be distributed to a few dealers based on customer preferance. but as far as ordering a Z what I saw looks like its not in the cards for the next 60 days at least
Im sure whatever you saw thats pretty much it right there, the next batch of orders wont be able to order probably in fall with deliveries to come in 2023. Supply chain issues 馃檮 even though most of the parts was already in supply

Super Moderator
Im sure whatever you saw thats pretty much it right there, the next batch of orders wont be able to order probably in fall with deliveries to come in 2023. Supply chain issues 馃檮 even though most of the parts was already in supply

yeah I saw the parts have production dates of march. like I said for walking into a dealer and saying I want such and such color and trim my gut says that is fall now just based on what I saw. however even though the whole process is starting to feel frustrating with no real communication im still hoping the ships incoming have some Zs that can be matched the customers. so technically they might keep their on sale date of summer just with those on the ships that will be distributed unordered so more like a soft launch

Registered
yeah I saw the parts have production dates of march. like I said for walking into a dealer and saying I want such and such color and trim my gut says that is fall now just based on what I saw. however even though the whole process is starting to feel frustrating with no real communication im still hoping the ships incoming have some Zs that can be matched the customers. so technically they might keep their on sale date of summer just with those on the ships that will be distributed unordered so more like a soft launch
yeah thats the problem in the US side no one is picking what options they want. but here in canada we already spec'd ours hopefully deliveries in july

Registered
Communication is the real problem with the 2023 Z. Nissan has done an extremely poor job of communicating with Dealers and customers in the U.S. about the 2023 Z. I pre ordered my 2003 350Z in 2002. At that time Nissan had a pre order plan in place for the relaunch of the Z. Lots of folks got to spec out their Zs before Nissan started producing them. Not this time. If Nissan does in fact allocate Zs to dealers that they haven't ordered without dealer or customer involvement that's a very poor launch plan.

Super Moderator
I agree it's bad but I'm ride or die with getting a Z no matter what. Sold my daily driver this week and am just going to wait it out. The Z is more than just getting a new sports car to me. I've been deeply involved with the brand and company for 2 decades so yeah it's all Z for me. But with that said being one of the most hardcore supporters I'm less than satisfied with how this roll out has been handled. I know whats going on with supply chain and economic climate and that's fine...but tell us what to expect then!

I mentioned in another thread a few months ago my dad had me order him a 70th anniversary C8 for this 75th birthday. It's been night and day different experience . I ordered the car spec'ed it out down to the seat belt color and boom his was built last week and could arrive at the dealer any day now. I was able to track the order on Chevys customer service chat any time I wanted. With the Z no one has any idea what's going on. Going through that experience at the same time of just absolute radio silence with Z has kind of magnified polar opposite experience so far.

If the Z is going to be a couple more months so be it but man tell us so we can know and strategize. Buying a 50k car is not a small consideration.

Registered
I agree it's bad but I'm ride or die with getting a Z no matter what. Sold my daily driver this week and am just going to wait it out. The Z is more than just getting a new sports car to me. I've been deeply involved with the brand and company for 2 decades so yeah it's all Z for me. But with that said being one of the most hardcore supporters I'm less than satisfied with how this roll out has been handled. I know whats going on with supply chain and economic climate and that's fine...but tell us what to expect then!

I mentioned in another thread a few months ago my dad had me order him a 70th anniversary C8 for this 75th birthday. It's been night and day different experience . I ordered the car spec'ed it out down to the seat belt color and boom his was built last week and could arrive at the dealer any day now. I was able to track the order on Chevys customer service chat any time I wanted. With the Z no one has any idea what's going on. Going through that experience at the same time of just absolute radio silence with Z has kind of magnified polar opposite experience so far.

If the Z is going to be a couple more months so be it but man tell us so we can know and strategize. Buying a 50k car is not a small consideration.
I agree with you about GM. They do a much better job with pre orders. Although they are also dealing with major slow downs and long waits due to supply chain issues. It's taking most orders 6 months to a year to be produced for Camaros and Corvettes. And there is a lot more demand for the C8.

I hear you about your commitment to the Z. I'm a die hard Z fan too. I've owned 3. One I still have. I've just come to the realization, maybe because I'm a lot older now, that no matter how die hard a Z fan I can't ignore what the car cost.

And Nissan needs to go back and revisit how they handled things when they introduced the 350Z. That's how you handle the introduction of a new Z. Unfortunately the world has changed since then, Nissan isn't the company it once was and neither is the sports car market.

Registered
I agree with you about GM. They do a much better job with pre orders. Although they are also dealing with major slow downs and long waits due to supply chain issues. It's taking most orders 6 months to a year to be produced for Camaros and Corvettes. And there is a lot more demand for the C8.

I hear you about your commitment to the Z. I'm a die hard Z fan too. I've owned 3. One I still have. I've just come to the realization, maybe because I'm a lot older now, that no matter how die hard a Z fan I can't ignore what the car cost.

And Nissan needs to go back and revisit how they handled things when they introduced the 350Z. That's how you handle the introduction of a new Z. Unfortunately the world has changed since then, Nissan isn't the company it once was and neither is the sports car market.
I tried ordering a C8 and minimum wait is 3 years. They don鈥檛 make many and shortages around the world etc. i don鈥檛 wanna wait that long

21 - 40 of 43 Posts