Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I escaped unscathed. I had my trans fluid drained on schedule (twice I think in the 80k mi I owned it) which may have helped since about a week before the scheduled drain in 2016, I did have the clutch pedal stick to the floor once. I pulled it back up with the toe of my shoe and never had another issue with it…but it was always in the back of my mind. Always.

I’m frankly also excited to be able to keep the revs up without the car going into limp mode in the summer. Keeping an eye on oil temp was really annoying.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I escaped unscathed. I had my trans fluid drained on schedule (twice I think in the 80k mi I owned it) which may have helped since about a week before the scheduled drain in 2016, I did have the clutch pedal stick to the floor once. I pulled it back up with the toe of my shoe and never had another issue with it…but it was always in the back of my mind. Always.

I’m frankly also excited to be able to keep the revs up without the car going into limp mode in the summer. Keeping an eye on oil temp was really annoying.
That sucks, great to see that Nissan fixed it now. I just hope the rest of the new Z turns out to be better overall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aside from those few issues (csc failure, heatsoak, and steering lock) the 370z was absolutely superb, and I have the highest expectations for the new Z car. In fact, the only reason I decided to go on to the new z is the fact that it shares the chassis with the 370z. The platform has such poise at high speeds and on twisty roads.

My two biggest concerns about the newZ are the fly by wire steering (since the weighted steering in the 370z was flawless), and the lcd tach. I really prefer an analog tach but that’s seeminglyon its way out across the board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.