Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my Z32 off for service this morning and then meandered to the Manager's office in the showroom. There, I asked if they'd heard any recent news about the New Z.

I guess I asked the right person because he seemed "plugged in". He whipped out his phone and showed me a video he took of the Las Vegas reveal.

He then said, "I got to crawl all over it and it is a fantastic car."

He went on to say that the car has been pushed back for deliveries, which will commence "in the middle of the year". I said, "June-ish?". He kinda shrugged his shoulders..."about there. Allocations will be available in the first part of January, so we'll know what's coming."

"Any pre-orders?"

"Nope"

So, there ya go. This is a large regional dealer who had a Las Vegas invite on the Nissan dime. Take it for what it's worth...

I took pics of a couple of promotional posters at the store.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
I talked with 2 different dealer GMs who went to the Las Vegas meeting and neither one seemed to have gained any more credible inside info that what we have. im sure there might have been a one on one convo with a rep where that dealer took what was said to be middle of year. but from what I heard there really wasnt anything more officially told to the dealer than what we got from the press release. Later in the process im sure I will get order guides and updates on allocations going live from these guys but right now I dont think they know more than you or me.

and like what was said above this forum has Dan ( who I already probably bother too much 🤣 ) and while it might not be on the timeframe everyone wants we will always get legit information

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
The timeline came to him after the LV trip...

I keep checking carmax every week for the value of my daily driver as its up like $3K. Sometimes I think to myself I can do with out a daily until say march or april and just pocket that money now...but June would be brutal to wait that long. so I decided to hold off until at at least the first of year before unloading it incase it could be longer than we think

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's been no mention of "Q2 2022", only "Spring 2022." - "The all-new, seventh-generation 2023 Z, which drops its numerical prefix in the U.S. for the first time, is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in spring 2022."

Granted yes, schedules change, but still. I just don't want to have to wait another several months on top of how long we've already waited. Not to mention I'd imagine Nissan would lose quite a few more other potential buyers to the likes of the BR/86, etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well i made a couple of "PowerPoint" videos mentioning Q2 2022 and a few people were funny about it. Realistically its not going to arrive earlier than April/May. Spring gives hope of an earlier release but I dont Realistically see it coming early in Spring. If production starts in January the lead time is usually a couple of months.

It could spill over to July. Just never know
Losing sales to 86? Be careful now wouldn't want a lynching for comparing 86 to the Z now....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lol yeah, I'm all too familiar over the heat about comparing the two. I'm not in a literal sense, aware they're different in a lot of ways, simply stating that folks who are not diehards like us that have been anxiously awaiting the Z may jump ship to another 2-door, RWD car if they get impatient.

I know Q2 2022 is a spectrum, however I think they would have said Q2 2022 in the press release if they envisioned it going beyond what people consider "spring." Just like how Subaru said "the second-generation BRZ arrives at Subaru retailers this fall" and sure enough, you can now reserve one.

It's also easy to forget this is speculation on both of our parts, as we have yet to hear anything formal from Nissan - around specific timing, around production, etc.

·
Registered
None at the moment
12 Posts
Over here in australia, i spoke to 3 different dealers. All told me completely different things:
Dealer 1 : taking $3k deposit. only get black/black interior. March delivery
Dealer 2: taking no deposit. NO idea about interior colours or delivery
Dealer 3: taking $500 deposit. getting both black/balck and red/balck interior and middle of the year delivery.

I went with dealer 3 and gave them the $500 deposit. He was also the one that had what seems like the most idea.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I keep checking carmax every week for the value of my daily driver as its up like $3K. Sometimes I think to myself I can do with out a daily until say march or april and just pocket that money now...but June would be brutal to wait that long. so I decided to hold off until at at least the first of year before unloading it incase it could be longer than we think
And by the looks of it your resale value is only going to keep going up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.