Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice mention of hydraulic assisted steering feel. Though Porsche's electronic assisted steering is supposed to be really good on some models, I have read many comments (Cayman GT4) that there is still a disconnect in how it feels.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice mention of hydraulic assisted steering feel. Though Porsche's electronic assisted steering is supposed to be really good on some models, I have read many comments (Cayman GT4) that there is still a disconnect in how it feels.
Good that you mentioned that. I'm hoping we won't have to deal with lifeless electronic steering, no matter how good they are nowadays, just not the same. Again, all just speculation for now on anything under the hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's one of the oldest truisms of human nature: you never really appreciate what you have until it's gone.

So many enthusiasts whined on on-line forums about wanting an 'old school' sports car, something simple, with a torquey naturally aspirated engine, a manual transmission, a simple interior with analog gauges and not a digital Tesla nightmare. A lot of people wished they could buy a 'new' old car. The 370Z was all of those things, basically a new early 2000's vintage sports car. Nissan continued selling it, and people either yawned, or complained about how 'dated' the infotainment system was.

To me, the most important infotainment system is how much fun the car is to drive, how it sounds (without any inane electronic enhancement, how my butt feels in the seat going down the road and on twisty roads.

I tried hard to buy a new 370Z, but sleazy games from Nissan dealers turned me off. I hope that experience won't be repeated with the new 400Z.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's one of the oldest truisms of human nature: you never really appreciate what you have until it's gone.

So many enthusiasts whined on on-line forums about wanting an 'old school' sports car, something simple, with a torquey naturally aspirated engine, a manual transmission, a simple interior with analog gauges and not a digital Tesla nightmare. A lot of people wished they could buy a 'new' old car. The 370Z was all of those things, basically a new early 2000's vintage sports car. Nissan continued selling it, and people either yawned, or complained about how 'dated' the infotainment system was.

To me, the most important infotainment system is how much fun the car is to drive, how it sounds (without any inane electronic enhancement, how my butt feels in the seat going down the road and on twisty roads.

I tried hard to buy a new 370Z, but sleazy games from Nissan dealers turned me off. I hope that experience won't be repeated with the new 400Z.
It will be interesting to see how 370Z prices go after the 400Z reaches dealers. There should be plenty of deals to have.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny thing is you can’t hardly find a 2020 Z for sale. Curious how many they made this past year.
There's a Nismo at a local dealer, still asking somewhere at $52K, too much, especially for an automatic. If it was manual and around $45K might be a good deal for someone warmed up on the Z34.

·
Registered
172 Posts

This is very true. Nissan didn't help any though. They could have made minor updates to the exterior, interior, and power output to keep it fresh while not going changing much. Still though, this was a great old school, raw, no BS sports car. People say things but their actions speak louder than words.

I didn't buy one either, though I did think about it. The chunky proportions and boomerang lights never sat well with me. It was still a cool looking car, but the design just didn't do it for me personally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts