Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Whoever took this did a great job. Finally we're seeing Zs arrive in the US! I wonder how long they're going to be sitting there before being sent to dealers.

Registered
My 350Z came through Newport News in 2002. Doesn't seem like all that long ago.

I guess this confirms that the Protos are primarily what arrives first at dealers.

Registered
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how long the process of getting them to dealers will be. If it was Ford, I'd say months... lol
My guess is that they will all be shipped out to dealers at approximately the same time once Nissan has all the initial batch of U.S. cars in place or in time for a planned release date.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My guess is that they will all be shipped out to dealers at approximately the same time once Nissan has all the initial batch of U.S. cars in place or in time for a planned release date.
saw someone on facebook say they heard at ZCON the on sale date was Aug 9th

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's amazing at how bad a job Nissan has done with rolling out the 2023 Z. I don't think that could have done it any worse than they have.

I have to agree. ive been on here every day since I joined going over every scrap of info and rumor which has been fun to a point.... but there is a limit. the total lack of communication is to the point where ive lost a ton of excitement. im sure it will all come back when my dealer gets an allocation eventually but I just know there isnt a chance for most of us to get one anytime soon with the way this is rolling out. Just think if I didnt post that internal 370z formula memo we wouldnt even know the initial breakdown of how the launch will happen. Its really messed up when nissan has me feeling like this as I admit ive got like this blind passion for nissan and for the last 2 decades its been all nissan all the time for me.

the next phase of this debacle is going to be a game posting screen shots of the highest dealer mark ups on those handful of protos that trickle in

Registered
I have to agree. ive been on here every day since I joined going over every scrap of info and rumor which has been fun to a point.... but there is a limit. the total lack of communication is to the point where ive lost a ton of excitement. im sure it will all come back when my dealer gets an allocation eventually but I just know there isnt a chance for most of us to get one anytime soon with the way this is rolling out.

the next phase of this debacle is going to be a game posting screen shots of the highest dealer mark ups on those handful of protos that trickle in
I know. I would have pre-ordered the new Z last fall if that option had been available. But it wasn't and still isn't. Now l'm not sure I want one. Especially not at over msrp. Even the dealers don't know what is going on with the car.

Perhaps I'll be more excited once the car is actually available. We'll see.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know. I would have pre-ordered the new Z last fall if that option had been available. But it wasn't and still isn't. Now l'm not sure I want one. Especially not at over msrp. Even the dealers don't know what is going on with the car.

Perhaps I'll be more excited once the car is actually available. We'll see.
I think the biggest failure will be that when mine and your local dealer for example do get their allocation they dont get to choose the color or trim. that would be slap in the face to the customer who is first in line like me. I know I bring this up over and over but the conrast is so stark. I ordered my dad a 2023 70th annivsary C8 and was able to spec the car out down to the seat belt color and custom lug nuts. I just cant imagine being in a situation where Ive waited for 2 years since the proto debut been first in line at my dealer the whole time then he finally gets an allocation and he gets sent like a white base model and thats its for 2023. if thats the case im screwed for the entire model year as that is the only place im going to get MSRP. Nissan should reward those dealers who want to be fair to the customer.

Registered
I think the biggest failure will be that when mine and your local dealer do get their allocation they dont get to choose the color or trim. that would be slap in the face to the customer who is first in line like me. I know I bring this up over and over but the conrast is so stark. I ordered my dad a 2023 70th annivsary C8 and was able to spec the car out down to the seat belt color and custom lug nuts. I just cant imagine being in a situation where Ive waited for 2 years since the proto debut been first in line at my dealer the whole time then he finally gets an allocation and he gets sent like a white base model and thats its for 2023. if thats the case im screwed for the entire model year as that is the only place im going to get MSRP. Nissan should reward those dealers who want to be fair to the customer.
I agree. The dealership doesn't know what they are going to get and if it has customers waiting to order one they aren't likely to be able to get what they want since what the dealership ultimately receives is a crap shoot and more than likely won't be what the customer wants.

Nissan did it right when it unveiled the 350Z. The first orders were pre-orders. Those started six months before the car came out. I ordered mine just like I wanted it. So much has changed with Nissan since then.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I got my 2003 350z as it was a preorder someone didnt take they asked $500 over MSRP for it. It had the light gray interior instead of black but everything else was like I wanted (silver and manual) so I took it. the 07 NISMO Z came in black like I wanted. then all 3 GTRS I was able to order specifically. but this I got no clue how it will go down and we are allegedly less than 2 weeks out from launch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts