Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to see where they go with the New Z and am a potential buyer if they don't f*ck it up. I have never had a Z but the 260z was my dream car as a teenager. I have owned the following Nissans: R32 Gtst (2), R33: GTS (1) GTS25T 4D (1), A31 (2), HNP10 (1), RNN14 (2), S14(1), S13: Silvia (2), 180sx (2), 240sx (1), and a D21. Current cars are S13 Silvia Convertible and R33 GT-R.

Will be fun to see how this evolves. I was pretty involved with the build up to the release of the GT86 but ended up being disappointed in the final performance of the car and not buying one.

Musts for me are:
Traditional Manual Transmission
Turbo
Not overly computer controlled (already have a BMW馃槅)
Needs to not feel disposal/cheap
No gimmicks (hybrid, self driving, etc...)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, and what an incredible ownership history! Any photos?
Thanks. I have some photos from over the years but have never really organized them. Have to give that as a project to the Misses during the next holiday. Can always walk out and take pics of the current cars if any one is interested.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I am very pleased with it. By doing so it will hopefully force Nissan to give us one more authentic sports car. I feel that this could be one of the last true cars ever produced for the masses. My gut says everything after this will be the automatic transmission, drive buy wire, hybrid powdered abominations that take the driving experience away from the driver and hand it over to a computer. Nissan's prodution lag, financial issues, and back platforming for the Z here could very easily inadvertently go down in history as the final salute to the pure hobbyist, the weekend mechanic, the kuruma kichigai.

Registered
Welcome to the forum @Ace_SRZ! Very jealous of your Silvia convertible. If the 400Z meets your expectations, are you going to keep it stock or add mods to it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum @Ace_SRZ! Very jealous of your Silvia convertible. If the 400Z meets your expectations, are you going to keep it stock or add mods to it?
I am hoping that they come out with a Nismo track version or a competition version that will be a little lighter, have some of the unneeded creature comforts removed, and have a bit more power. I will most likely do the basic noninvasive mods that allow the car to perform as the engineers intended and before the politicians and bureaucrats regulated it. For example: free up the exhaust, add a little boost, clean up the fuel map, and upgrade the clutch and tires. Suspension adjustments are also a possibility depending on what we are given from the factory and as a Nismo option. Will also pick up a set of light weight forged wheels to run as a second set or a primary if they give us something less then desirable.

After they have been out for a few years I will pick up an extra engine and do some head work, add some cams and have the bottom end balanced and 鈥渂lueprinted鈥.

Been working on the Silvia convertible for years (2003) and never seem to get closer to getting it finished.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome @Ace_SRZ! You can check the manual transmission off your list with the news today!
It certainly does look that way now the need to not f*ck it up by putting an internal CSC or some other gimmicky system in the mission that will be an Achilles Heel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts