Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orlando Bloom and Stranger Things star David Harbour have been signed to play leading roles in the forthcoming Sony Pictures/ PlayStation Productions movie ‘Gran Turismo, with a script based on the real-life journey of Jann Mardenborough from gamer to real life factory racer via Nissan’s GT Academy competition.
Mardenborough’s success in the competition led to a Nissan factory contract with outings in GT3, LMP2, the ill-fated LMP1 and a long spell in Super GT before his most recent role as a Formula E sim tester.
Harbour is reported to be cast as a racing mentor for the Mardenborough role – Think a significantly more ‘Hollywood’ Rob Barff, and Bloom, as a dead ringer for Darren Cox* is understood to be playing a marketing genius!
British actor Archie Madekwe is reported to be cast in the lead role and was seen recently at a Silverstone test day with Mardenborough
Industry reports are that the film is to be directed by Elysium and District 9 Director Neill Blomkamp, with the script being written and developed by American Sniper writer Jason Hall and King Richard scriptwriter Zach Baylin.

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I really hope they do this properly and make a great driving/racing movie. But I won't lie I'm nervous about this because I got my hopes up about the Need for Speed movie and was very, very, disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts