Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we're a ways off from official orders going in, but has anyone had luck securing a reservation or spot in line at a dealer?
If so, I'm curious is you know any details about where you are in line once production starts.
Thanks!
Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer in central ohio told me the other day that release is pushed back until summer and they wont know what nissan is sending them until then. This is in line with the June/July launch I keep seeing around various forums.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer in central ohio told me the other day that release is pushed back until summer and they wont know what nissan is sending them until then. This is in line with the June/July launch I keep seeing around various forums.
That could totally be the case. Like O said, this is just what the dealer has told me and they could be stringing me along or getting bad info. I have not received a call today as of yet, I will give it another day before I reach back out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a reservation and am expecting a call from my dealer to go in and look at the ordering guides today. They told me orders are accepted this Friday. We will see if they are full of it or not, can't say for certain yet.
That's great! After speaking to multiple dealers here it's apparent that Nissan Canada isn't giving them any info, some are willing to take deposits but I believe it's not an official pre-order rather a "personal queue" they've implemented through the use of deposits. Ultimately, they don't even know pricing so it can't be a real pre-order. I'm waiting for more details to come out, should be getting a call back if orders are to open on Friday.

If you're in the GTA, could you DM me the place you reserved at? I'm just curious as the dealers are all making wildly different statements. Many of them are even still calling it the 400Z...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received the order guide today, pricing is expected Thursday.

I committed I wouldn’t share it. There are 2 trims, sport and performance. The only option it shows is Proto Spec. It appears the interior colours are pre selected based on exterior colour with no clear option to select them. I am trying to confirm what interior options match with what exterior. Dealer maintains he will be able to place his orders this Friday

·
Registered
71 Posts
I received the order guide today, pricing is expected Thursday.

I committed I wouldn’t share it. There are 2 trims, sport and performance. The only option it shows is Proto Spec. It appears the interior colours are pre selected based on exterior colour with no clear option to select them. I am trying to confirm what interior options match with what exterior. Dealer maintains he will be able to place his orders this Friday
Got my option guide from my dealer today too. I was able to put an order in. There was a couple different options for interior colours for each exterior colour, bit I imagine they don't want hideous specs being made and people bailing on them. He said these would be dealer orders being filled by people who have reservations, then Feb 3, people could order from the website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some other interesting information.

Each dealer will get 1 car, either sport or performance trim which can be ordered through DRS Jan 26 - Feb 2.

Feb 3, online reservations open for Nissan Canada for any customer.
Early March for official pricing release.
Proto Spec will be allocated to dealers by Nissan based on 2018-2020 370Z sales. They will be notified directly if they have one and will be sent the car for sale as a dealer order. (If my dealer is awarded a Proto they will move my order direct to that and will sale the one I placed today)
Online customer orders will arrive early Summer. Presale dealer DRS orders will arrive first, as quickly as March.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts