Nissan Z Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats fair, I've had mine since 18. See if you can find a broker when it comes time, I have lady who is really good and checks for better coverage and rates for me every year to make sure i save the most

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic MT
29 Posts
What's the difference between the "pre-orders" and the "reservations" opening tomorrow? Trying to understanding if those of us with pre-orders get priority or is it all just a marketing ploy. My dealership made it sound like the pre-orders would arrive sooner -- but not sure that's true.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What's the difference between the "pre-orders" and the "reservations" opening tomorrow? Trying to understanding if those of us with pre-orders get priority or is it all just a marketing ploy. My dealership made it sound like the pre-orders would arrive sooner -- but not sure that's true.
From what I was told, could be total garbage, is the pre orders get priority and will be delivered well in advance. From a dealers perspective that could be 2 weeks early. My dealer was told by the local sales rep as quickly as 6 weeks. No way to know for certain as far as I know. Could be mean nothing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my order has been confirmed with an estimate RDR date of June 23, 2022
There is also some sort of digits for the VIN, but doesnt look like a typical vin#

Excited either way!:love:
Arrrggg... I didn't get anything yet either :( I would have thought once the car is in production they'd send the email below showing "confirmed for production". ..... I'm not going to drive my dealership crazy yet... but that commitment is subject to change without notice.....

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

·
Registered
71 Posts
Arrrggg... I didn't get anything yet either :( I would have thought once the car is in production they'd send the email below showing "confirmed for production". ..... I'm not going to drive my dealership crazy yet... but that commitment is subject to change without notice.....

View attachment 5161
I'm going to be driving mine crazy... Sent them an email asking for the above info noted by Thanu

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got an email from nissan for confirmation but my contact sent me more internal info. Try reaching out to them.
WOW am I ever glad I saw this and reached out. He gave me what I presume is the same info you got, the vin that is noted is apparently just an internal reference number for Nissan. My estimated RDR date was June 27. But the biggest thing was, they had me down for an AUTO!!! Glad I spotted it and let him know, he said it wasn't a problem and he already resubmitted it to Nissan.

I would have been so crushed if I went to go pick up a two pedal car..

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW am I ever glad I saw this and reached out. He gave me what I presume is the same info you got, the vin that is noted is apparently just an internal reference number for Nissan. My estimated RDR date was June 27. But the biggest thing was, they had me down for an AUTO!!! Glad I spotted it and let him know, he said it wasn't a problem and he already resubmitted it to Nissan.

I would have been so crushed if I went to go pick up a two pedal car..
Ok -- I'm calling my dealership .... I'd lose my mind if they sent me an auto vs a manual

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok -- I'm calling my dealership .... I'd lose my mind if they sent me an auto vs a manual
I am sooooooooo glad I caught that, looking back through though, it's my own fault. I emailed the specs I wanted with Manual but in my excitement on the C&I form I didn't put manual or auto, so I guess someone just assumed... (who assumes someone wants an auto sportscar)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am sooooooooo glad I caught that, looking back through though, it's my own fault. I emailed the specs I wanted with Manual but in my excitement on the C&I form I didn't put manual or auto, so I guess someone just assumed... (who assumes someone wants an auto sportscar)
Ok -- good to know because I see that my C&I form does show "6MT Manual" on it. But, I agree with you that assuming an Auto for someone pre-ordering the Z is very presumptuous.

My dealership is saying he doesn't have the specific delivery date that you and Thanu31 got :( He just reiterated the whole "we're expecting delivery by summer".

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok -- good to know because I see that my C&I form does show "6MT Manual" on it. But, I agree with you that assuming an Auto for someone pre-ordering the Z is very presumptuous.

My dealership is saying he doesn't have the specific delivery date that you and Thanu31 got :( He just reiterated the whole "we're expecting delivery by summer".
Yeah you should be good, I'm just glad I caught the error on mine before it was built or delivered.

I dont think ours were any guarantee it just has an estimated one. I assume all will be similar in timing to that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Apparently, the Canadian pre-orders/reservations are now completely sold out. Nissan.ca no longer has the option of 'reserving' any of the 4 models.

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
56 Posts
Hahah, I actually had my dealer call me back when he was able to submit the order. He's like; I got all the specs you wanted here, but I don't see Auto/Manual on the list here, I'm assuming you'd want a manual, correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its interesting Canada is also doing the online reservations like the Ariya starting Feb 3. maybe nissan is just testing this on a smaller market first? I really want it to happen for the US but I will have to see it to believe it. the ideal scenario would be to open it up the monday after the superbowl commercial.
I’m not so sure it’s a good idea to open reservation. It’s not working out at all with the Ford Bronco. It’s turned out to be a nightmare. Just m opinion.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looks like sales are set to begin in June, according to the Z launch timeline.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts