Nissan Z Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like sales are set to begin in June, according to the Z launch timeline.

I question the legitimacy of that file seeing as it just looks like word art posted overtop of a picture with zero Nissan or any official stamping on anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That timeline makes sense from what I have been told. Pricing confirmed around the 3rd week of March. Makes sense for embargo first drives to be listed that will absolutely have pricing in them. My estimated delivery date from Nissan on my confirmed order is June 25. So seems very likely to me as being correct.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That timeline makes sense from what I have been told. Pricing confirmed around the 3rd week of March. Makes sense for embargo first drives to be listed that will absolutely have pricing in them. My estimated delivery date from Nissan on my confirmed order is June 25. So seems very likely to me as being correct.
The timeline adds up for sure, just lacks any sort of real authenticity you know. Like when we got the order guide from Nissan Canada. It was very official with branding on it. And man, my delivery estimate is June 27!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I hear what you are saying for sure. I am hoping to hear this week if I can swap for a Photo Spec from my pre order. Apparently, Canadian dealers are going to find out shortly if they were awarded one based on historical sales. Max one per dealer or something like that but not every dealer obviously. My hopes are not high, pretty small market here on Vancouver Island. I would guess most will go to the Lower Mainland area of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Toronto markets.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah I hear what you are saying for sure. I am hoping to hear this week if I can swap for a Photo Spec from my pre order. Apparently, Canadian dealers are going to find out shortly if they were awarded one based on historical sales. Max one per dealer or something like that but not every dealer obviously. My hopes are not high, pretty small market here on Vancouver Island. I would guess most will go to the Lower Mainland area of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Toronto markets.
Well good luck to you! The yellow isnt for me, I want more subtle with this car. I'm coming from a bright blue focus RS, so Boulder grey was my choice. I'm still waiting to hear back for a confirmation that my order was updated. On that terrible pdf order form I forgot to put manual or auto (I told my sales guy I wanted manual, but forgot when I did that form) so some genius at Nissan head office decides I wanted an auto... Happen to catch it a few weeks ago when the dealer sent me some more info and they said it was easily fixable, but I still want the confirmation to be certain.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic MT
29 Posts
Any Cannuks with updates on their pre-orders? Just saw a video online showing the production line (albeit RHD vehicles) popping off the assembly line. Surely, those of us (in Canada) with pre-orders should be getting VIN numbers soon???

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
56 Posts
Nothing yet with mine.I have seen the production line video going. Like you said, it does look to be RHD JDM spec on that video. However, it does show things in full motion. No real idea when they actually began full production. Tracking down the source of the video, it's actually a full 26minute long video from the Nissan Brand Center Online Program. Showing off the intelligent plant and has some interviews with workers. So probably an in house vid, but a very neat catch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just saw a Z review posted by a Canadian reviewer that went to the Vegas test drives. Didn't realize this until they mentioned it in the review but Canada isn't getting the 9" screen for the Performance models. All models are getting the 8" only. Very strange but I looked it up in the Canadian order guide and it seems to be true. Didn't catch that difference until now. Maybe they swapped the smaller screen b/c they're adding a block heater and heated steering wheel for Canada??

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
56 Posts
Just saw a Z review posted by a Canadian reviewer that went to the Vegas test drives. Didn't realize this until they mentioned it in the review but Canada isn't getting the 9" screen for the Performance models. All models are getting the 8" only. Very strange but I looked it up in the Canadian order guide and it seems to be true. Didn't catch that difference until now. Maybe they swapped the smaller screen b/c they're adding a block heater and heated steering wheel for Canada??
Yeah, I've seen that for a while :( price we pay for a blocke heater I guess lmao

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of the Youtube reviews of the Z indicates that the Performance model infotainment has wireless carplay but the base doesn't (it's wired Carplay). I wonder if the Canadian spec 8" Performance screen gets the better underlying software???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Orders now being processed here, deliveries expected to start in July.
From reading the spec sheets, the 8" displays do not have Nissan Connect, Wireless CarPlay or Navigation.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts