Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’ve been a Nissan and Infiniti fan since the 90s and owned my fair share of Zs. A few years ago I made the jump to a BMW M2 competition and love it; however, after seeing the new Z I knew I had to have it.
I’m hoping to get mine by August. It will be nice to have a Z back in the garage. 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hello all. I’ve been a Nissan and Infiniti fan since the 90s and owned my fair share of Zs. A few years ago I made the jump to a BMW M2 competition and love it; however, after seeing the new Z I knew I had to have it.
I’m hoping to get mine by August. It will be nice to have a Z back in the garage. 👍🏼
Welcome @Jhiro! Are you thinking of trading the M2 for the Z? Or keeping both?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome @Jhiro! Are you thinking of trading the M2 for the Z? Or keeping both?
I plan on selling my M2C once new the Zs start rolling in. It’s going to be painful; however, I’m confident the new Z will cushion the blow.

Personally, I’m gunning for a performance in MT. What’s your pick on trim and color?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome @Jhiro

Did you already order or pre-order? (I guess there is no ordering process).

And did your dealer give you info to indicate August is realistic? Seems like no one knows these days..
I hear ya. I’m on the waiting list at my local Nissan dealership. A few weeks ago, I called for an update, and according to my sales rep, the Z deliver dates have yet to show up in their system. However, he did mention that typically when new Nissan models show up in their system, it’s roughly 2 months out before they start receiving the cars. I plan on calling every month for updates. I’ll post any new details.
As for August, he was confident they’d be rolling in by then. I hope he’s right.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Black Diamond Metallic with black interior in the performance trim and a MT. My goal is to wrap mine in a satin gray so black would be best as a foundation color. How about yourself?
Thanks for sharing the details. Haven't booked or pre-ordered yet. Maybe soon. Just looking for color options and combinations along with what the majority of enthusiasts go with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear ya. I’m on the waiting list at my local Nissan dealership. A few weeks ago, I called for an update, and according to my sales rep, the Z deliver dates have yet to show up in their system. However, he did mention that typically when new Nissan models show up in their system, it’s roughly 2 months out before they start receiving the cars. I plan on calling every month for updates. I’ll post any new details.
As for August, he was confident they’d be rolling in by then. I hope he’s right.
I'm in Dallas also. Just curious if any of the dealerships you spoke to talked about a dealership markup? I have a 370 today in AT and honestly glad I ended up going with that in Dallas. I live in the city and there's always traffic so not sure if I would get frustrated with the MT since it's pretty rare I ever get to really open it up. With that said, I sometimes worry that I'm missing the full Z experience in AT... oh well, it's still such a fun car.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm in Dallas also. Just curious if any of the dealerships you spoke to talked about a dealership markup? I have a 370 today in AT and honestly glad I ended up going with that in Dallas. I live in the city and there's always traffic so not sure if I would get frustrated with the MT since it's pretty rare I ever get to really open it up. With that said, I sometimes worry that I'm missing the full Z experience in AT... oh well, it's still such a fun car.
MT all the way, especially as we're seeing the last run of them industry wide.
But have you owned any MT vehicles in the past? If it doesn't matter to you that much, then AT should be fine, you're still getting a lot of sports car for the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I asked my dealer about markup and unfortunately he didn't have any info on pricing. As for MT vs AT personally I would go manual. I'm hoping to test drive both; however, there's something about a manual Z that just feels right to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts