Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, .moved to SC 2 years ago from Northern NJ. Long time sports car lover including Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, BMW Coupes & the Z...

I'm an old fan of the Z dating back to the original 240Z. Friend owned one and then another good friend purchased a new 280ZX. Then my Dad in 1986 bought new 300ZX that he loved & owned for 15 years and paired with my Moms new Caddy's. I have owned 3 BMW coupes, 2 Mustangs and 1 Camaro & Corvette.

That said, I did order the new 350Z back in 2002 but then changed my mind & cancelled contract and ordered New BMW 325ci with 5 speed manual. Been a BMW Coupe guy since and have owned 3 & latest one was a 230i with M Sports Pkg.

The new Z looks promising and on my shopping list along with the new BMW 2 Series being built on new G42 Chassis. Excited to see it in person next year... we shall see. Do wish a few options were available on the base Sport model. Hopefully Nissan will add some options incl. Tech pkg without all the other Performance goodies

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hello all, .moved to SC 2 years ago from Northern NJ. Long time sports car lover including Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, BMW Coupes & the Z...

I'm an old fan of the Z dating back to the original 240Z. Friend owned one and then another good friend purchased a new 280ZX. Then my Dad in 1986 bought new 300ZX that he loved & owned for 15 years and paired with my Moms new Caddy's. I have owned 3 BMW coupes, 2 Mustangs and 1 Camaro & Corvette.

That said, I did order the new 350Z back in 2002 but then changed my mind & cancelled contract and ordered New BMW 325ci with 5 speed manual. Been a BMW Coupe guy since and have owned 3 & latest one was a 230i with M Sports Pkg.

The new Z looks promising and on my shopping list along with the new BMW 2 Series being built on new G42 Chassis. Excited to see it in person next year... we shall see. Do wish a few options were available on the base Sport model. Hopefully Nissan will add some options incl. Tech pkg without all the other Performance goodies
Welcome to the forum @yanks1! What stands out for you between both cars? Are you leaning one way over the other?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rusty... hope all is well and thx for asking

BMW coupes are in my blood, but also love the Z's except for the 350/370z that looked too frumpy & bloaty to me. The new Z looks more like the 240z & 300zx that I like a lot. Big consideration is we have a 2008 Mustang GT/Calif Special Vert. So do I really need a 400 HP Z with minimal storage... or BMW 2 Series that has small back seat & decent trunk that may be better partner with our Mustang & also being built on new chassis & Z is not.

But the Z has a little more passion & fire... so tough decision, price may matter also...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi Rusty... hope all is well and thx for asking

BMW coupes are in my blood, but also love the Z's except for the 350/370z that looked too frumpy & bloaty to me. The new Z looks more like the 240z & 300zx that I like a lot. Big consideration is we have a 2008 Mustang GT/Calif Special Vert. So do I really need a 400 HP Z with minimal storage... or BMW 2 Series that has small back seat & decent trunk that may be better partner with our Mustang & also being built on new chassis & Z is not.

But the Z has a little more passion & fire... so tough decision, price may matter also...
That's definitely fair for both cars. the 2 series are pretty solid and a bit underrated in the BMW lineup. With what you've said I guess it's going to come down to how each car feels when you get behind the wheel. How long have you had your Mustang for?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
agree Rusty... we purchased the Stang in 2010 with 13k miles in mint condition with 5 speed manual & now has 38k miles... and its still mint condition inside & out. Few folks want to purchase my car but I tell them no way Jose and so does the Ms.

Its why I sold the 230i 2 months ago (in one day) to clear a spot in garage with newer technology.. I loved my 2 series but the 230i body & features dated back to 2014 w/mild refresh in 2018 which was I why I purchased then. One challenge I have, new 2 Series coming in November and Z not until next Spring.. urgh

·
Registered
719 Posts
agree Rusty... we purchased the Stang in 2010 with 13k miles in mint condition with 5 speed manual & now has 38k miles... and its still mint condition inside & out. Few folks want to purchase my car but I tell them no way Jose and so does the Ms.

Its why I sold the 230i 2 months ago (in one day) to clear a spot in garage with newer technology.. I loved my 2 series but the 230i body & features dated back to 2014 w/mild refresh in 2018 which was I why I purchased then. One challenge I have, new 2 Series coming in November and Z not until next Spring.. urgh

View attachment 2437
Damn that is one clean Mustang! I don't blame you for not wanting to get rid of it. Since you had a 230i before would be looking at the same model for this new 2 Series?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pix of Mustang interior

I think same model Rusty; but may wait for the M240i if I can’t get a decent deal on the 230i or whatever they call it. I now regret selling my 2018 two months ago, I sold it too early due to wife pressure!! oh well.. urgh 😑

·
Registered
719 Posts
Pix of Mustang interior

View attachment 2449 I think same model Rusty; but may wait for the M240i if I can’t get a decent deal on the 230i or whatever they call it. I now regret selling my 2018 two months ago, I sold it too early due to wife pressure!! oh well.. urgh 😑
Well a new Z or 2 Series will certainly make up for that pressure. Or a burnout or two in your GT :LOL:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally I like both the BMW M2 Competition and the Nissan Z. What I do know is that the BMW M2 is having a new makeover in 2022, do not like the new grill, priced high, maintenance will be costly, after 5 years the car looks outdated, aftermarkets parts are limited. Whereas the Nissan Z will not have a new makeover for another 15 years, Toyota updates their models every 5 years, affordable price for 400 HP, maintenance for a Japanese car is oil change lol, after 5 years will still look like a classic Nissan, and the aftermarket community will transform this car from basic model to OMG is that the new Nissan baby-GTR?! lol Sorry for this ramble just wanted to share my thoughts. I love both cars! BMW or Nissan you can't go wrong. Pick the one that puts a smile on your face when you drive it :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx for reply, love an M2 Comp but above my budget. Will be between the 2022 230i w/M Sports & Premium Pkg or the new Z. Both should be about same price, I may lean towards the BMW since we have a Mustang GT Vert. May be a better partner than the Z, just not sure which way to turn but time will tell & MSRP $$ may matter...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts