Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Tennessee my fellow auto enthusiasts!

I am looking forward to scooping up the new Z next Spring and really getting to feel the car out, and push some limits.

I've had two 370Z's prior, one I built to roughly 550whp and the other was meant to be a 700-800whp project but decided to sell it and get a C7 at the time. The C7 was fun an all but it just wasn't me, so I decided to get rid of that also and shop around some more, then they revealed the Z proto and I've been waiting ever since haha!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hello from Tennessee my fellow auto enthusiasts!

I am looking forward to scooping up the new Z next Spring and really getting to feel the car out, and push some limits.

I've had two 370Z's prior, one I built to roughly 550whp and the other was meant to be a 700-800whp project but decided to sell it and get a C7 at the time. The C7 was fun an all but it just wasn't me, so I decided to get rid of that also and shop around some more, then they revealed the Z proto and I've been waiting ever since haha!
Welcome to the forum @ZEngineer! Are you looking to get the same performance out of the new Z as you did with your 370Z? What mods did you add to your Zs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @Rusty, I believe to start I will keep it mild and within warranty to shake down any issues within the drivetrain. Around ~40K-50K miles I will probably delve into fueling, turbo upgrades, and other performance oriented mods.

My goal is 600whp eventually I believe, that's plenty fast for me and should still maintain factory like drivability.

--
As for my 370z, I put a stillen superchager kit on with the TopGuns A2A conversion kit. 9 psi pulley, open exhaust all the way back, uprev tuned @ Z1, stage 3 6 puck clutch, HD CSC, etc

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thank you @Rusty, I believe to start I will keep it mild and within warranty to shake down any issues within the drivetrain. Around ~40K-50K miles I will probably delve into fueling, turbo upgrades, and other performance oriented mods.

My goal is 600whp eventually I believe, that's plenty fast for me and should still maintain factory like drivability.

--
As for my 370z, I put a stillen superchager kit on with the TopGuns A2A conversion kit. 9 psi pulley, open exhaust all the way back, uprev tuned @ Z1, stage 3 6 puck clutch, HD CSC, etc
Welcome to the forum @ZEngineer.
Do you at least see yourself making mods that can be done early on, like aftermarket wheels/tires, suspension mods, etc.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@zenki
Absolutely, Can’t wait to see what types of aero are made for this! Just some splitters and diffusers would totally change the look of this car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
@zenki
Absolutely, Can’t wait to see what types of aero are made for this! Just some splitters and diffusers would totally change the look of this car.
Nice.

Any preferred areo brands?
Just curious because I personally can't wait for some carbon fiber stuff from Seibon :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@zenki
You and me both! Amuse too, and did some shopping on Fly1 a time or too also. Anything that looks clean and fits like Oem really haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts