Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

I can't quit this car. Who remembers the IDX and hopes Nissan will still build it?
I'd happily take it as an EV, but a reskin of the Z might be smart -- Nissan could save a ton on engineering!

·
Super Moderator
482 Posts
It was one of my favorite concepts of all time. I spoke to shiro nakumara about it who was the head of Nissan design at the time in 2016. He told me the reason it never happened was because there was no existing platform (chassis) for it to share so it would have been to expensive to go into production and that was why it never came to be

·
Registered
815 Posts
The only way I see the IDX, or something like it, is if Nissan makes it an EV so it can share a platform as @MCN1SMO mentioned. An electric coupe and 4-door option of this could be a lot of fun.

They got to change the name now since I'm sure VW wouldn't be afraid to sue since they use the ID name on all their EVs.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Agreed. That would be an exceptional engine. And with a little tuning a very reliable 250-hp.

I actually just saw the Rogue press release this morning about the brand's 1.5T motor

201-hp and 33 mpg combined. And that would probably 35 or 36 mpg in a car like the IDX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts