Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I spoke with Shawn at Orr Nissan Central about his pre-order list (that you too can get on to), how allocations are likely to work, pricing, options and all kinds of New Z topics you may find interesting. Some of this info is new, some not so new. This interview DOES pre-date the Aria launch and rumors about Jan ordering. This is part 1 of a 2 part interview. Part 2 will be posted tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
What can dealers say about this? I got word from a Riverside Nissan, CA employee that they will get the yellow Proto Spec......and will be marked up $45K! I know it's the state of the current market but this is ridiculous!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What can dealers say about this? I got word from a Riverside Nissan, CA employee that they will get the yellow Proto Spec......and will be marked up $45K! I know it's the state of the current market but this is ridiculous!!
Watch these videos. This is a dealer...on record...without MUCH of a markup!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Isn't the proto spec a performance model? If the base sport spec starts at "around $40k" then surely $45k wouldn't be much of a markup, right? My dealer indicated that there'd be no markup but I'm still expecting a touch over $50k out the door for a performance spec.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Watch these videos. This is a dealer...on record...without MUCH of a markup!
I suppose Orr is a privately owned dealer network, they are more free to set ADM. Thanks for the insightful interview, good points made, interesting! I hope he comes through with that $5K over promise. I can imagine he'll get tons of calls now.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Isn't the proto spec a performance model? If the base sport spec starts at "around $40k" then surely $45k wouldn't be much of a markup, right? My dealer indicated that there'd be no markup but I'm still expecting a touch over $50k out the door for a performance spec.
I guess you haven't gotten the details about the Proto Spec, only 240 made for this special model, it's $45K OVER the MSRP, he said will be close to $100K, take it or leave it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts