Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or it will be like a insider said that the front will recall the 240Z and the rear will recall the 300ZX from the 90's?

·
Registered
200 Posts
My guess is that it's going to have a longer front end like the original Z cars and it'll have similar headlights.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’d be surprised if it’s a mix of several generations. Hard to imagine they could pull off a cohesive design like that. Sounds like it will be a modern take on the S30. Makes sense as that’s the body now considered a classic and in demand right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy I spoke to said it was retro but that it doesn’t ape the S30 completely . It’s a modern take on it.
So it's like the Ford Mustang 2005, Dodge Challenger 2008 and Chevy Camaro 2010, Retro but in modern days? So it's basically also like the Alpine A110 of nowadays.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So it's like the Ford Mustang 2005, Dodge Challenger 2008 and Chevy Camaro 2010, Retro but in modern days? So it's basically also like the Alpine A110 of nowadays.
That’s my understanding. Th basic silhouette of the 370Z isn’t too far off from the original S30. If you but a retro nose and different rear-end you’d have it. My guy did say the “belt line” of the car is straight which differs from the 370Z which curves up some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Belt line? What do u mean about that?

I just hope that the new Z logo means retro theme and retro design for the new Z since they said they would go back to the roots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thnx god it will be retro.
All modern cars should be retro. Only a few stand out without being retro tbh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts