Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Could mean we're closer to production than we think.
Yeah looks showroom ready. For some reason I still think it will be 2022 before they are in owners hands. ..... but these pics do make me think possibly earlier in 2022 than I once pessimistically assumed. I would give anything for it to be this fall though. Seeing these preproduction level shots has got be really excited

I also see the propilot sonar box??

I also wonder if you get black will the roof and rear diffuser come in that flash gloss black? so you will have in a sense two different blacks on the car

·
Banned
53 Posts
So what exactly does this mean? Is the new Z currently being produced for a 2022 model or what! I can’t wait much longer !
Bestcar says the unveiling is this fall with sales starting in early 2022.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Bestcar says the unveiling is this fall with sales starting in early 2022.

that sounds like a believable time frame debut production car at TMS in November then on sale maybe Q2 of 2022!!

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
*threads merged so we can have all the comments in the same place

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting to say the least...
I’m still on the fence. My previous 3 cars I bought site-unseen (just a couple photographs) This one I would need to see up close.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes you can see the amber in the headlights so its a US spec car.

I like the auto shifter. a lot like the one in our 2021 rogue instead of the old "stalk" look so thats a good thing.

glad to see the color stitching is gone from the interior seats. I knew it wouldnt be the in your face yellow but i wasnt a fan of the orange in the 350z either. Also it looks like perforated alcantara inserts?

2 different Zs maybe the one with the spoiler is a track model or something? wish there was a side view to see the brakes/ wheels on the gunmetal one to see if there are any more differences than the lip. maybe its just a package not a different trim
That's exactly what I was wondering. Its obviously likely, we'll see a base, enthusiast, and performance model, followed by eventually a Nismo model. I wonder what trim package this vehicle would fall under. In previous years, any kind of spoiler started usually in the enthusiast or entry performance models.

On the Proto the noticeable GT-R brakes would likely only come on the Nismo model, if they are even being considered for production. Those brakes would also be a pretty expensive upgrade for a car that is likely to be in the 37-55k (55k being closer to Nismo pricing) price range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good. Nice to see in a different color.

A couple things.

1. Why do automakers insist on tacking on a spoiler to a well designed car?
2. What's the deal with everyone putting on black wheels? I don't like them. There is no contrast between the wheel and the tire, and the wheels look dirty.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts

A couple things.

Agreed on the color thing. today might as well be the first time ive seen it as im way more excited about the car today than I have been at any time going all the way back to last September. The yellow proto just had me a bit lukewarm as I couldnt totally buy in.

as for question #1......ive got no clue where they would ever get that idea from

·
Registered
16 Posts

A couple things.

2. What's the deal with everyone putting on black wheels? I don't like them. There is no contrast between the wheel and the tire, and the wheels look dirty.
1. Perhaps they realize that the rear end is not that well designed and or there is not enough downforce on the rear of the car without one. With 400hp this car is no slouch. It needs to be planted. It also looks cool :)

2. Personal preference really. The trend seems to be leaning towards darker wheels lately. Some say its more stealth looking in appearance and the darker the wheel the more brake dust it hides.
I mean really, who isn’t gonna drive this car like they stole it lol

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
that must be the US model because I almost threw up when I saw the amber turn reflectors. LOL

Damn Jalopnik is calling you out LMAO

rrrrr.png

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's exactly what I was wondering. Its obviously likely, we'll see a base, enthusiast, and performance model, followed by eventually a Nismo model. I wonder what trim package this vehicle would fall under. In previous years, any kind of spoiler started usually in the enthusiast or entry performance models.

On the Proto the noticeable GT-R brakes would likely only come on the Nismo model, if they are even being considered for production. Those brakes would also be a pretty expensive upgrade for a car that is likely to be in the 37-55k (55k being closer to Nismo pricing) price range.
I’m still wondering whether or not there’ll be an entry level model with the 300 hp (or more) of the base version of the Infiniti engine, or if the base model will be the full 400hp+ engine in an otherwise de-contented vehicle as has been the case with the 370Z.

As for the inevitable Nismo version, if things hold true to form, I just can’t see Nissan giving the Z brakes from the flagship GT-R which costs more than twice as much as a Nismo Z.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m still wondering whether or not there’ll be an entry level model with the 300 hp (or more) of the base version of the Infiniti engine, or if the base model will be the full 400hp+ engine in an otherwise de-contented vehicle as has been the case with the 370Z.

As for the inevitable Nismo version, if things hold true to form, I just can’t see Nissan giving the Z brakes from the flagship GT-R which costs more than twice as much as a Nismo Z.
I believe they aren't in a position to offer multiple engine options. I mean I guess they can use a 4 cyl or non turbo 6cyl from one of the other cars, but that would make for an interesting arrangement.
NOW, it could be they offer a N/A and that end up being the exact same motor in the 370 now, and then offer a turbo model with the Infiniti 3.0 TT motor.

Yeah, I don't see the brakes making it onto the Nismo model, those are like $10K alone almost. Which just doesn't seems feasible.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Screenshot_20210323-011832-169.png

The more I look at the grill on that gunmetal car im actually fairly sure it's not body colored. If it were that would look terrible on orange red yellow ect. Instead I think it's like a burnt chrome or brushed metal trim So every color would get like a metallic upper grill area.

this angle isnt the best and its shadowed... but is the same metal/chrome grill on the silver one too? and maybe this is just a standard production design que that is has like a metallic upper grill?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Love it in gray.

Looks like the black roof and spoiler are options on the car which is great. I hope they have an option to black out the front grille. I don't want that metallic look.

Rims look great. No GTR brakes as assumed.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts