Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

Registered
This gives me hope that we'll see this car in actual production much sooner than some were predicting. If, for instance, these are pre-production press vehicles, I think we may be considerably closer than, say Q2-Q3 2022. We may be only a matter of several weeks to a few months away from the full unveiling.
But who knows for certain.

I'm stoked 馃

Registered

Damn Jalopnik is calling you out LMAO

View attachment 1160

Nice I'm infamous now! Haha. That's pretty hilarious. Its not fair. Clear markers always look more integrated. It still blinks orange even though they can be white. We have stupid laws.
On the upside, the markers are pretty slim, so that's a plus!

Premium Member
this angle isnt the best and its shadowed... but is the same metal/chrome grill on the silver one too? and maybe this is just a standard production design que that is has like a metallic upper grill?

View attachment 1162
One design I really like is that there are no gaping 'brake cooling' cutouts under the headlights as with many performance cars today, instead all channeled thru the main grille. Such a clean design.

Those look like the standard Akebono calipers, I'm hoping for a Brembo package.

We should see one roaming with camo here in the L.A. area soon, look out for it, excited!!

Registered
I鈥檓 still wondering whether or not there鈥檒l be an entry level model with the 300 hp (or more) of the base version of the Infiniti engine, or if the base model will be the full 400hp+ engine in an otherwise de-contented vehicle as has been the case with the 370Z.

As for the inevitable Nismo version, if things hold true to form, I just can鈥檛 see Nissan giving the Z brakes from the flagship GT-R which costs more than twice as much as a Nismo Z.
I believe they aren't in a position to offer multiple engine options. I mean I guess they can use a 4 cyl or non turbo 6cyl from one of the other cars, but that would make for an interesting arrangement.
NOW, it could be they offer a N/A and that end up being the exact same motor in the 370 now, and then offer a turbo model with the Infiniti 3.0 TT motor.

Yeah, I don't see the brakes making it onto the Nismo model, those are like $10K alone almost. Which just doesn't seems feasible.
I think that's the only way Nissan will offer more than 1 engine, I can't see them putting a 4 cylinder in the Z.

Registered
This gives me hope that we'll see this car in actual production much sooner than some were predicting. If, for instance, these are pre-production press vehicles, I think we may be considerably closer than, say Q2-Q3 2022. We may be only a matter of several weeks to a few months away from the full unveiling.
But who knows for certain.

I'm stoked 馃

My understanding is that the factory assembly line starts producing the cars for real on January 3rd, and they will start appearing in dealers next February (taking into account the time for them to be shipped from Japan to the US). Ordering begins around this August!

Registered
View attachment 1161

The more I look at the grill on that gunmetal car im actually fairly sure it's not body colored. If it were that would look terrible on orange red yellow ect. Instead I think it's like a burnt chrome or brushed metal trim So every color would get like a metallic upper grill area.

this angle isnt the best and its shadowed... but is the same metal/chrome grill on the silver one too? and maybe this is just a standard production design que that is has like a metallic upper grill?

View attachment 1162
The bumpers on each car are not the same. The automatic model with the body colored roof and hatch seems to have a more of a base model type spec and it appears that the grill is fully black. The other model with the black roof and hatch is a manual, and it has silver inlays in the grill and tacked on (?) pieces on lower outer portion on each side of the front bumper. These two were probably shipped to LA to test on the Nissan test track near Phoenix and also for photography for their website/brochures.

Registered
Nice I'm infamous now! Haha. That's pretty hilarious. Its not fair. Clear markers always look more integrated. It still blinks orange even though they can be white. We have stupid laws.
On the upside, the markers are pretty slim, so that's a plus!
Amber front side markers are required by the US government, who are a bunch of idiots. Same reason why pop-up headlights are no longer around- the government does not allow them anymore.

Registered
The bumpers on each car are not the same. The automatic model with the body colored roof and hatch seems to have a more of a base model type spec and it appears that the grill is fully black. The other model with the black roof and hatch is a manual, and it has silver inlays in the grill and tacked on (?) pieces on lower outer portion on each side of the front bumper. These two were probably shipped to LA to test on the Nissan test track near Phoenix and also for photography for their website/brochures.
Are you sure? It looks like the Silver vehicle, which has the black roof, has the all black grille (or at least the chrome accenting is less visible at the angle). The Gun-metal grey vehicle has the matching roof and the very visible chrome accenting in the grille. So, I am not entirely sure if/how the grille detailing will be tired to trim levels or if it will be a more a-la-carte approach, overall. I'd prefer the latter.

Super Moderator
Are you sure? It looks like the Silver vehicle, which has the black roof, has the all black grille (or at least the chrome accenting is less visible at the angle). The Gun-metal grey vehicle has the matching roof and the very visible chrome accenting in the grille. So, I am not entirely sure if/how the grille detailing will be tired to trim levels or if it will be a more a-la-carte approach, overall. I'd prefer the latter.

View attachment 1165 View attachment 1166

View attachment 1163 View attachment 1164

its hard to see but in the higher res pic of the silver car it sorta kinda looks like the grill also has those chrome accents just not much light is hitting it but it still looks ligher in color than the bottom part. not totally sure though
1616522353374.png

Premium Member
My understanding is that the factory assembly line starts producing the cars for real on January 3rd, and they will start appearing in dealers next February (taking into account the time for them to be shipped from Japan to the US). Ordering begins around this August!
Where do you get this info from, verified? If so, I sure have to line up my funds soon, earlier than was expected Q3 next year. This is a good thing!

But still not sure of the Nismo availability, might have to wait longer.

Registered
its hard to see but in the higher res pic of the silver car it sorta kinda looks like the grill also has those chrome accents just no light is hitting it. not totally sure though
I tend to think that you are correct and that this is simply a lighting situation rather than these having different grille details.

Super Moderator
Nissan response to Car and Driver

When asked if these photos are a new Z Proto with an automatic transmission, a Nissan spokesperson responded: "I can only offer you the statement below on the photos floating around":

"As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. Watch for upcoming announcements on Nissan鈥檚 all-new, next-generation sports car, which will debut later this year."

Super Moderator
"debut later this year" lines up with a November Tokyo Motor Show announcement as reported by Best Car Japan. so you can infer from that early 2022 production

Super Moderator
Best Car is also saying the car will weigh 1280kg (2820 lbs), which I highly doubt.

I dont think it will weigh under 3350. especially now that we see the brakes are also carry overs. they are running out of areas for substantial weight savings over the 370

Registered

When asked if these photos are a new Z Proto with an automatic transmission, a Nissan spokesperson responded: "I can only offer you the statement below on the photos floating around":

"As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. Watch for upcoming announcements on Nissan鈥檚 all-new, next-generation sports car, which will debut later this year."
This is very exciting! That's much sooner than I think we had thought!!!

Registered

Yes, when you are seeing pre-production cars that are basically finished and ready to go, actual production will not be far off. They are probably testing out build issues and fit and finish issues right now, and making changes as needed.
Best Car is also saying the car will weigh 1280kg (2820 lbs), which I highly doubt.
Yes, that would be impossible without the car having a carbon fiber chassis and costing in McLaren territory. The current Z already has alloy engine cradle, alloy suspension components, alloy doors, alloy hood, alloy hatch, carbon fiber driveshaft. The new Z will have to have the additional safety features which adds weight, probably have more sound deadening to cut down on the road noise, and I'm not sure how much more the twin turbo engine weighs over the current engine. There's no way it can be significantly lighter than the 370Z.

Registered
Where do you get this info from, verified? If so, I sure have to line up my funds soon, earlier than was expected Q3 next year. This is a good thing!

But still not sure of the Nismo availability, might have to wait longer.
Nismo is going to be all-wheel drive and around 475hp. Mark it down. Essentially a baby GT-R. The Nismo was going to be automatic-only, but I heard Nissan is being asked to consider having a manual Nismo available as well.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts