Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
its just like the one in our 2021 rouge. its actually cool but no lie when we left the dealer with it last fall it took me me a minute to figure out how to get it in reverse because it wont go in reverse unless that side thumb button is pressed down. also wont go into gear when the door is open

·
Registered
126 Posts
its just like the one in our 2021 rouge. its actually cool but no lie when we left the dealer with it last fall it took me me a minute to figure out how to get it in reverse because it wont go in reverse unless that side thumb button is pressed down. also wont go into gear when the door is open
And then, I assume, you toggle to the right or left to activate the manual shifting function once it's in drive? Can it shift manually using the lever or does it only work with the paddles? I presume it's the latter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
its hard to see but in the higher res pic of the silver car it sorta kinda looks like the grill also has those chrome accents just not much light is hitting it but it still looks ligher in color than the bottom part. not totally sure though View attachment 1167
You know, it's occurred to me that there actually might be a darker grille option and that it's linked to the roof color. Perhaps by going with the two-tone, the upper grille insert is swapped for a darkened version (Like a "black-out package" that some cars offer) whereas the vehicles with body-colored roofs get the brighter version. That would fit with the Z Proto having the darker grille, as well. Just a thought.

We might be able to quasi-confirm that if we see the alleged white two-tone Type S (Sport) that is reportedly in the US along with the other two - if we get a shot of that one and it, like the silver Type T (Touring), has a darker grille, we might be able to more confidently say.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
You know, it's occurred to me that there actually might be a darker grille option and that it's linked to the roof color. Perhaps by going with the two-tone, the upper grille insert is swapped for a darkened version (Like a "black-out package" that some cars offer) whereas the vehicles with body-colored roofs get the brighter version. That would fit with the Z Proto having the darker grille, as well. Just a thought.

We might be able to quasi-confirm that if we see the alleged white two-tone Type S (Sport) that is reportedly in the US along with the other two - if we get a shot of that one and it, like the silver Type T (Touring), has a darker grille, we might be able to more confidently say.

I hope you can get it black. Im getting a black car so the chrome might stick out a bit like for instance my dad had a 2014 C7 corvette and it had like a chrome outline in the middle of the grill from the factory. against a dark colored car it looked like the car had braces. so it could go either way.. it could kind of break up all the black and look good or could really stick out too much. going to have to see some examples to know for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like the Silver Type-T has the bright upper grille, after all (and a blue interior):

81 - 90 of 90 Posts