Nissan Z Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like others have already said - the best thing to do is be patient and wait out the stupidity. The only ones I see paying huge markups are YouTubers who need to have content or people with more money than sense. I know I'll be waiting for a slightly used one or wait for the market to cool down and hopefully buy one new at or below MSRP. The car bubble is already starting to crack and the longer we wait - the more car prices will be coming down thus creating more competition for newer cars. I know its not the same but....pay $50k MSRP along with some stupid ADM for a car that will not hold its value vs looking at both new and used for $50-70k - there are A LOT of options to pick from.

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Got a call from Modern Nissan here in NC. ive had a long and sorted history with them since 2003 including a big falling out over a pathfinder last year. the sales manager calls me and says they have manual proto coming in first week of September. he wants me to come look at it. I say im not interested as I only want a black performance 9AT but yeah I will probably ride up and see it as I still havent gottent to see one yet.

I half jokingly say so are you guys doing 25K mark up or 50K mark up as it seems its either one or the other on this proto. he says we havent determined market adjustment yet( I love how thats the new softer term for mark ups these days) but a dealer we talk to in FL sold theirs right off the truck today for 31K over he said they are still determining the adjustment and will let me know :sneaky:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not surprised on this dealer as they have always been notoriously bad on GTRs View attachment 8163
On the Nissan USA website, I don't see where Universal Nissan is scheduled to even get one...so I wonder if this is a "speculation deal," where if they had someone agree to pay that stupid high markup...they'd have to go get it from someone else....nobody in FL is schedule to get one ending in "...401"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a call from Modern Nissan here in NC. ive had a long and sorted history with them since 2003 including a big falling out over a pathfinder last year. the sales manager calls me and says they have manual proto coming in first week of September. he wants me to come look at it. I say im not interested as I only want a black performance 9AT but yeah I will probably ride up and see it as I still havent gottent to see one yet.

I half jokingly say so are you guys doing 25K mark up or 50K mark up as it seems its either one or the other on this proto. he says we havent determined market adjustment yet( I love how thats the new softer term for mark ups these days) but a dealer we talk to in FL sold theirs right off the truck today for 31K over he said they are still determining the adjustment and will let me know :sneaky:
What dealer was it?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
On the Nissan USA website, I don't see where Universal Nissan is scheduled to even get one...so I wonder if this is a "speculation deal," where if they had someone agree to pay that stupid high markup...they'd have to go get it from someone else....nobody in FL is schedule to get one ending in "...401"
Welcome to the forum. What Z spec are you after and what markups have you come across?

I won't be surprised if you're right about those speculation deals.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I wouldn't hold it past a dealer to some kind of nonsense like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What Z spec are you after and what markups have you come across?

I won't be surprised if you're right about those speculation deals.
I'm interested in a Performance Trim, manual trans. wondering how long it'll be until such a creature appears in FL.
On NissanUSA it looks like there are about 13 hitting the FL market...all Proto of course...and very few in GA.

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm interested in a Performance Trim, manual trans. wondering how long it'll be until such a creature appears in FL.
On NissanUSA it looks like there are about 13 hitting the FL market...all Proto of course...and very few in GA.

the internal from nissan talked about the roll out being staggered and the first phase is 90 days I sort of Interpreted that has the other trims might be around then? Nissans website changes the performance and sports to say fall instead of summer

Memo I obtained just says later date

Font Paper Paper product Document Parallel

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
that xxx401 is just their internal stock number not the VIN. universal is one of the largest volume dealers they are getting one for sure

·
Registered
12 Posts
that xxx401 is just their internal stock number not the VIN. universal is one of the largest volume dealers they are getting one for sure
I wondered that too, Universal is big. But if you go on NissanUSA and look at "nearby inventory" for a proto (the only one that will show up), Universal is not one of listed dealers getting one in FL (and nothing in Jacksonville, bummer). I guess they may own one of the other Nissan dealers in the area?

Better question for you and the group...do you think that listing of "nearby inventory" is accurate? I spoke to two of them (out of 13) and they confirmed they were expecting to get one 'any day now.'

On the stock number I've noticed that the last couple of digits tend to match the VIN, but that could just be coincidence, agreed.

I just want to see one in person, just to confirm it isn't a unicorn.

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I wondered that too, Universal is big. But if you go on NissanUSA and look at "nearby inventory" for a proto (the only one that will show up), Universal is not one of listed dealers getting one in FL (and nothing in Jacksonville, bummer). I guess they may own one of the other Nissan dealers in the area?

Better question for you and the group...do you think that listing of "nearby inventory" is accurate? I spoke to two of them (out of 13) and they confirmed they were expecting to get one 'any day now.'

On the stock number I've noticed that the last couple of digits tend to match the VIN, but that could just be coincidence, agreed.

I just want to see one in person, just to confirm it isn't a unicorn.

I think scanning cargurus or autotrader for inventory is more real time accurate. I do that a few times a week just out of curiosity. im seeing more and more populated. but I havent cross check that with the nissan nearby.

some of these car sites like cars.com and even the dealer sites dont have "Z" added to their pull down filters yet so its a bit harder to search right now

21 - 40 of 60 Posts