Nissan Z Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

Wow what a crazy array of "options." Some have their markup already on display, some don't, and some will take a "custom order"

I have to think most of these are purely speculative...the ones that 'suggest' something other than proto, and the ones that say order yours or custom order...that's gotta be a dead end at the moment...no VIN numbers available other than these Protos.

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just found out my local dealer here in NC Modern of Winston-Salem is doing an auction for theirs and the sales manager is sending out links to submit your offer.

all these proto prices are basically the car industry version of ticketmasters official platinum tickets that have real time dynamic pricing which is my #1 hated thing of all time

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I mean. I guess it’s so far just for the Protos which are incredibly limited. Hopefully with the other trims They won’t try to absolutely destroy their dealers reputation and the reputation of their manufacturer.

you would hope so but I see it a little different......dealers are going to get all they can no matter the trim. as long as nissan drips in inventory of a couple performances at a time here and there you will easily see 15-25K over on them

think about it, the dealers that didnt get the proto and get 1 other trim instead will treat that car as their proto. sure its not a limited to the 240 but if its their only car for the model year then whats the difference. its not like the protos will command that 100K price in resell any way so a 15K-20K mark up on a sport or peformance is just as unjustified as the 50K mark up on the proto.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just found out my local dealer here in NC Modern of Winston-Salem is doing an auction for theirs and the sales manager is sending out links to submit your offer.

all these proto prices are basically the car industry version of ticketmasters official platinum tickets that have real time dynamic pricing which is my #1 hated thing of all time
I mean. I guess it’s so far just for the Protos which are incredibly limited. Hopefully with the other trims They won’t try to absolutely destroy their dealers reputation and the reputation of their manufacturer.
I’m guessing as long as they send small amounts of Sport and Performance models to the US, you can expect to get a good screwing at the dealership. I’d speculate we are looking at a year minimum of this garbage. Not gonna lie, the manual Supra is starting to perk my ears up!

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Went up to my local Dealer Modern Nissan of Winston-Salem as the internet sales manager texted me the Z had arrived and to come up and check it out their Proto. After 2 years of waiting I was excited as I had never seen the Z in person I never got to go to any press/media events this time around. I rushed up there even took the GTR NISMO out of the garage for the occasion. when I get there I start walking around it and just checking everything out. No one is really speaking to me I go and find the sales manager and I say hey where is the key he said the GM has it and I walk over to this guy and he doesnt even acknowledge me. I ask some guy at the desk where the key was and he said oh we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I say but what if I want to buy it today. the GM chimes in with a dip in is mouth and says we are auctioning it off and you will have to submit your bid. we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I start to get aggitated and say something like do you understand my relationship with Nissan? he replies no I dont but you have to understand a customer who is bidding wouldnt want anyone sitting in their car. I say what im im buying it or want to buy a performance. I start to walk away and the sales manager says something to the GM and he finally goes you can sit in it I dont mind( in a reluctant tone) so I sit in it and by this time I dont even care any more as I feel disrespected and that im not welcome almost like I as lost and wondered into their showroom.

im looking over the car and notice the VIN ends in 0240. so even though is a coincidence as to my knowledge the protos arnt built sequentially. that is still a really awesome VIN to have. I mention this to the sales manager and one of the higher ups at the dealer over hears me and says hey I bet we can get even more for it now. I hate they lucked out and got that VIN

so yeah they have a website where you bid and they will see what the highest offer is after 10 days.

I thought they would be welcoming show me the car and maybe even want to take a few pics of the Z with my car ect.... nope all about the $$

totatally disgusting experience

@DAN_PASSE

·
Registered
63 Posts
Went up to my local Dealer Modern Nissan of Winston-Salem as the internet sales manager texted me the Z had arrived and to come up and check it out their Proto. After 2 years of waiting I was excited as I had never seen the Z in person I never got to go to any press/media events this time around. I rushed up there even took the GTR NISMO out of the garage for the occassion. when I get there I start walking around it and just checking everything out. No one is really speaking to me I go and find the sales manager and I say hey where is the key he said the GM has it and I walk over to this guy and he doesnt even acknowledge me. I ask some guy at the desk where the key was and he said oh we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I say but what if I want to buy it today. the GM chimes in with a dip in is mouth and says we are auctioning it off and you will have to submit your bid. we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I start to get aggitated and say something like do you understand my relationship with Nissan? he replies no I dont but you have to understand a customer who is bidding wouldnt want anyone sitting in their car. I say what im im buying it or want to but a performace. I start to walk away and the sales manager says something to the GM and he finally goes you can sit in it I dont mind( in a reluctant tone) so I sit in it and by this time I dont even care any more as I feel disrespected and that im not welcome.

im looking over the car and the VIN ends in 0240. so even though is a coincidence as to my knowledge the protos arnt built sequentially. thats still a really awesome VIN to have. I mention this to the sales manager and one of the higher ups at the dealer over hears me and says hey I bet we can get even more for it now. I hate they lucked out and got that VIN

so they have a website where you bid and they will see what the highest offer is after 10 days.

I thought they would be welcoming and maybe even want to take a few pics of the Z with my car ect.... nope all about the $$

totatally disgusting experience.

@DAN_PASSE
i believe dan has already left XD. i get where they are coming from 240 units or whatever. honestly we just have to wait till performance/sport trims arrive to actually get a general idea of what the market will soon to be for the states. as of now the dealerships are just riding the limited edition 240 unit wave, time will tell

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
i believe dan has already left XD. i get where they are coming from 240 units or whatever. honestly we just have to wait till performance/sport trims arrive to actually get a general idea of what the market will soon to be for the states. as of now the dealerships are just riding the limited edition 240 unit wave, time will tell

I know Dan, he is around he just isnt posting at the moment. I just wanted him to see this he doesnt need to reply publicly

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Went up to my local Dealer Modern Nissan of Winston-Salem as the internet sales manager texted me the Z had arrived and to come up and check it out their Proto. After 2 years of waiting I was excited as I had never seen the Z in person I never got to go to any press/media events this time around. I rushed up there even took the GTR NISMO out of the garage for the occasion. when I get there I start walking around it and just checking everything out. No one is really speaking to me I go and find the sales manager and I say hey where is the key he said the GM has it and I walk over to this guy and he doesnt even acknowledge me. I ask some guy at the desk where the key was and he said oh we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I say but what if I want to buy it today. the GM chimes in with a dip in is mouth and says we are auctioning it off and you will have to submit your bid. we arnt letting anyone sit in it. I start to get aggitated and say something like do you understand my relationship with Nissan? he replies no I dont but you have to understand a customer who is bidding wouldnt want anyone sitting in their car. I say what im im buying it or want to buy a performance. I start to walk away and the sales manager says something to the GM and he finally goes you can sit in it I dont mind( in a reluctant tone) so I sit in it and by this time I dont even care any more as I feel disrespected and that im not welcome almost like I as lost and wondered into their showroom.

im looking over the car and notice the VIN ends in 0240. so even though is a coincidence as to my knowledge the protos arnt built sequentially. that is still a really awesome VIN to have. I mention this to the sales manager and one of the higher ups at the dealer over hears me and says hey I bet we can get even more for it now. I hate they lucked out and got that VIN

so yeah they have a website where you bid and they will see what the highest offer is after 10 days.

I thought they would be welcoming show me the car and maybe even want to take a few pics of the Z with my car ect.... nope all about the $$

disgusting experience

@DAN_PASSE
Found out on Facebook this Z was sold to the highest bidder who was from out of state

41 - 60 of 60 Posts