·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Wheel

Font Electric blue Circle Rectangle Number

Font Circle Parallel Electric blue Number

If this source is correct

Prices broken down with and without the Japanese 10% tax approximate yen to dollar conversion

Base price is around 42K (38K no tax)
Version S Manual 48K (44.3 no tax)
Version T Auto 46 (41.5 no tax)

the ST which is comparable to our Performance is around 52K with an 9AT (47K no tax)

and the Proto is 56K (51K no tax)

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope this is right . I’m happy with a base at 38 k.

just remember even if this is correct its not apples to apples direct conversion and for the US you also you have to add in destination charge ect. I would not expect the base Z to cost 38K here. I think the japanese tax is mandatory so the 38K I dont think is even a real price. with that said this does seem about what I expect with the sport and performance being right at 10K apart

im really hoping for pricing at the NYAS next week but this JDM pricing at least gives you a bit of context and possibly a ballpark of what to expect

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once they open the order books, I’m ready to pull the trigger!! Was hoping the Version S would be under 60, but still more than happy to get the base!!

I read order books are the 25th for Japan so not too much longer. Hope you get yours

·
Registered
78 Datsun 280z, 76 280z, 88 300zx Shiro
58 Posts
Looks not to wild of a speculation, a little on the pricier side for the "ST". That puts it around 65k (with the 10%) and 59k without that 10% CDN at a direct currency conversion. My original guess based on the rest of their current line up pricing structure is in the mid 40s to low 50s. The outgoing 2020 Nismo 370Z had an MRSP up here of 48 cdn. The base started at 30,498 cdn. I can see the price going up obviously for the new model, but the current 22' Q60 RS is 66k, so that's squishing a little territory

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks not to wild of a speculation, a little on the pricier side for the "ST". That puts it around 65k (with the 10%) and 59k without that 10% CDN at a direct currency conversion. My original guess based on the rest of their current line up pricing structure is in the mid 40s to low 50s. The outgoing 2020 Nismo 370Z had an MRSP up here of 48 cdn. The base started at 30,498 cdn. I can see the price going up obviously for the new model, but the current 22' Q60 RS is 66k, so that's squishing a little territory
It does make sense that the highest trim model with the automatic be around 60-65.
Remember that the JDM market seems to have more trims/options (it looks like 8 different versions); in Canada, we are getting 4.

We were hearing 40k USD base price (not sure if that infcludes freight and dealer fees). In Canada that would be ~50. There was a leak about a Z proto going for about ~ 70k Canadian (6,966,300 Yen)
so we can work backward.

Proto Spec ~ 70k
AT P ~ 65k
M P ~ 60k
AT S ~ 55k
M S ~ 50k
+- 1-2k based on colors, dealer fees, freight etc.

Numbers line up.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sharing the rates. Wouldn't the price range differ in the US and Canada due to varied tax?

yes it would. with that said I personally think its within the ballpark of about $2K for what we will see in the US. this was just sharing some info since we dont have much else to go on at the moment.

for instance when nissan announced Japan pricing for the GTR T spec last fall it was converted to roughly 145K USD with the added in tax. when the US pricing was announced it just at 140K with destination added so a little cheaper than the Yen to dollar conversion of the Japan pricing. so I expect the base model sport Z to be a little less than the 42K announced for Japan. but at the same time a bit more than that raw untaxed 38K number. im guessing nissan holds pretty close to that initial 40 quote before the destination charge which I think was $895 for the 370z? could be a bit more for the new Z. the GTR destination is $1695 in comparison

·
Registered
108 Posts
yes it would. with that sad I personally think its within the ballpark of about $2K for what we will see in the US. this was just sharing some info since we dont have much else to go on at the moment.

for instance when nissan announced Japan pricing for the GTR T spec last fall it was converted to roughly 145K USD with the added in tax. when the US pricing was announced it just at 140K with destination added so a little cheaper than the Yen to dollar conversion of the Japan pricing. so I expect the base model sport Z to be a little less than the 42K announced for Japan. but at the same time a bit more than that raw untaxed 38K number. im guessing nissan holds pretty close to that initial 40 quote before the destination charge which I think was $895 for the 370z? could be a bit more for the new Z. the GTR destination is $1695 in comparison
Thanks for the detailed information. I believe we will get a fair idea on the prices now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts