Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you guys think. Maybe 30k price difference. More a GTS Cayman/Cayman S competitor price wise? Do like that car though. V6 from Toyota and 4 Cylinder from Mercedes

355 and 400hp and the V6 comes with Manual

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been a fan of Evora for a while... but it is expensive. The Emira may be even better, and the base price might be a touch lower... but optioned it probably be just as expensive.

I am not sure if the 360hp i4 with DCT will be lighter and more lithe than the heavier but more powerful supercharged V6.

It certainly looks fantastic, although some people seem not to be as enthused about it. Definitely has a few traits in common with cars like McLaren Artura.

They are talking 60,000 british pounds, which is about 84K US dollars... but exchange rate is not the whole story...and the US price may not be exactly that... but slightly more than double the entry price of Z35 for similar power, and probably within the ballpark of the same weight.

The mid-engined weight balance will make the big difference in handling... and then Lotus' expertise on top of that.

The only question I have... has more to do with supporting certain geo-political forces via Lotus' new parent company, which could be benign... or not so benign.

If I had the money... I would seriously cross shop this with Porsche, and even with less power, I would probably consider it over a C8 coupe... but C8 convertible does have the transformer party trick for open-air driving, without a billowing soft-top when closed up.

Comparing it to Z35 coming out at a similar time... Z35 is way more than half the car, at pretty much half the price... but Z35 isn't a mid-engined car, and while Z35 looks good, it doesn't quite look as special as the Lotus.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Incredible for the price but more than I’m willing to spend on a car. I would go 2L DCT. Those engines sound great in other applications.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think the Emira will do well for Lotus it looks and sound great and I don't see why it won't handle well too. I'd be curious to see how the Z compares to it but I wouldn't say they're competitors necessarily.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definitely has supercar presence with reasonably reserved looks. A bit busier than the Z naturally, but has more flare to it. I love it. Glad that Lotus is making it. Price will too high as usual but a steal on the used market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts