Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I got the same email that I’m sure plenty of you got as well. The person who sent it is very active and knowledgeable in this community, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they see this post. I won’t call them out by name since I know they’re already very busy.

Long story short, nothing is concrete, but the point of the email was that there’s a good chance that production numbers will be fairly low at launch, and that it could take a while to get your hands on the Z that you want. Apparently Canada stopped orders after 6 days, because production just wasn’t going to be able to keep up.

Personally, I’m going to get a new Z whether it takes two months or two years, but just in case it actually does end up taking a long time, I’m considering buying a 370Z in the meantime. A used one is affordable, will help give my credit a little boost while I wait, and will give me something to trade in that doesn’t massively depreciate the moment I drive it off the lot. I’m not set in stone on this, and I will still jump at the chance to order the new Z, but depending on how things go between now and then, I’ll probably start looking for a 370Z in the second week of May.

What about you guys? Are you holding out for the exact spec/color you want? Are you willing to take what you can get if it means getting one sooner?

·
Super Moderator
897 Posts
Black 9AT performance is in stone for me no flex on that... but I am flexible on the interior as im not sure between red and black and i would be open to taking the first one that has either all black or red accents

ive got a NISMO sentra right now I really dont want to hold on to past the the summer as I dont wont to spend money on tires ect when im just going to trade it. so I really hope im in a Z by in the next 3-4 months if at all possible

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's to be expected. If you look at the rest of the auto industry there are delays, lower production volumes causing scarcity, and high dealer markups. The Z will suffer the same fate unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How high do you think that the dealer markups could be? I have a 2020 Mazda 3 hatch that I think I want to get rid of to get the new Z but not anytime soon. Probably in the next year or so. (also my location shows I'm in SA right now but I'm on vacation, usually from the west coast)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
How high do you think that the dealer markups could be? I have a 2020 Mazda 3 hatch that I think I want to get rid of to get the new Z but not anytime soon. Probably in the next year or so. (also my location shows I'm in SA right now but I'm on vacation, usually from the west coast)
I would say as much as the A90 back when it came out, which in some cases was double the MSRP.
But some Z specs should remain within the lower range of stupid high markups. What spec are you going with?
SnoopDogg.jpg
I raise you an Elon Musk, unexpectedly high ;)
Microphone Human Gesture Flash photography Public address system

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say as much as the A90 back when it came out, which in some cases was double the MSRP.
But some Z specs should remain within the lower range of stupid high markups. What spec are you going with?

I raise you an Elon Musk, unexpectedly high ;)
View attachment 6275
I think I'll just be going with the base model nothing fancy. Probably will wait though for that grey as opposed to any other colors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lot of cool cars coming out in the next few years. I don't feel the need to rush into a Z and be the first one on the street with one.

Nissan is broke, they're probably going to milk this new model for years and years. I'm sure by the time it enters its third model year it'll have some minor improvements and you'll be able to drive one off the lot. In the meantime, there's a plethora of cool cars to choose from.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been planning to purchase the new Z for quite some time now, but with all the delays and uncertainty surrounding when the car will be available to purchase and even more so when I could order one through a dealer, when it would be delivered and what it might cost, I decided to purchase a new toy. I still plan on buying a new Z when I can finally get one, but in the meantime I am enjoying my SS 1LE with a real six speed manual. One of the best bangs for the buck in the current automotive market and a pretty damn capable car. It was created for the track.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts