Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Put my deposit in 2 weeks ago here in Melbourne, Australia.
Was told I'm 4th in line, and that they expect cars to arrive early 2022.
Manual.
Orange.
Anymore specifics on what options you can order - color, trim (Sport, Touring, ?), packages? They did say orange is available. Nice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
AFAIK, it just secures your spot in line and doesn't go much further than that. Would an ADM of any amount turn you away or would you be okay with it to some extent?
I would only be OK with full MSRP early on. I've always purchased my vehicles at below MSRP. I know the new Z may not be so easy to deal on. My biggest hangup with ADM is that I also need to pay 10.7% sales tax on the transaction. I really don't want to give the gov't any more money than necessary.

I know a guy who bought a 2020 Civic Type R, and he said dealers are still asking ADM for those cars, I think they've been out 3 or more years at that point, and still getting ADM over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I'm holding out to see what the Nismo has to offer anyway, so most likely not first ones in line to order. I guess this is a good thing to see if any 'bugs' need to be ironed out, and hopefully avoiding ADM. Expecting at or just below MSRP for the Nismo, there's always hope.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hope springs eternal and gets politicians elected. I'm anxious we'll start out with ADM, and as ADM eases inflation will take over. Just like what happened to the Z32

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a single deposit or down payment that's spoken about here is official. There is ZERO word to the dealers about an order date, available colors, or pricing. If any dealer tells anyone that they can order in May, that they know colors, or that a deposit guarantees their place, it's just smoke. Most of the shady dealers that subscribe to this crappy practice will also charge a second sticker price once the cars come in.

Im as excited as everyone else and plan to pick one of these up asap. But, there is no benefit to giving your local dealer money when it means absolutely nothing at this point. Nothing but a handshake deal they can break. Why would it make any sense to be able to order your color, but no other options? That's laughable. When ordering actually starts, officially, options and pricing will be available in full.

Essentially, either the OP is lying, or more likely, the dealer is just blowing smoke up his ass. But that's a good way to find out which dealers you should buy from. The one that's upfront with you and just tells you they don't have any concrete info yet.

Ok, I'm done raining on everyone's parade, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Upside: my dealer said they don't have solid info yet, but they have a small list of interested parties. I'm number one on this list. Didn't cost me a dime. They said they won't take anyone's money until they can fully order the cars OR they get their allocation list. They also showed me their policy against second stickering and said they've never charged over MSRP on a car and they won't be starting with the new Z either. I'm just glad they're not trying to pull the BS that some dealers clearly are.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Upside: my dealer said they don't have solid info yet, but they have a small list of interested parties. I'm number one on this list. Didn't cost me a dime. They said they won't take anyone's money until they can fully order the cars OR they get their allocation list. They also showed me their policy against second stickering and said they've never charged over MSRP on a car and they won't be starting with the new Z either. I'm just glad they're not trying to pull the BS that some dealers clearly are.
Welcome to the forum @whiteninjazx6r. Glad to hear your dealer is not offering markup on the Z. Hopefully more dealers follow the lead of the one you use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum @whiteninjazx6r. Glad to hear your dealer is not offering markup on the Z. Hopefully more dealers follow the lead of the one you use.
Thanks! I'm so unbelievably excited for this car. I agree, hopefully a majority of dealers won't practice what the OPs dealer is. It's sad to see ppl fall victim to this tactic. It usually just ends with the customer being upset because they didn't get what they were "promised". Some have to fight to get their money back even.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not a single deposit or down payment that's spoken about here is official. There is ZERO word to the dealers about an order date, available colors, or pricing. If any dealer tells anyone that they can order in May, that they know colors, or that a deposit guarantees their place, it's just smoke. Most of the shady dealers that subscribe to this crappy practice will also charge a second sticker price once the cars come in.

Im as excited as everyone else and plan to pick one of these up asap. But, there is no benefit to giving your local dealer money when it means absolutely nothing at this point. Nothing but a handshake deal they can break. Why would it make any sense to be able to order your color, but no other options? That's laughable. When ordering actually starts, officially, options and pricing will be available in full.

Essentially, either the OP is lying, or more likely, the dealer is just blowing smoke up his ass. But that's a good way to find out which dealers you should buy from. The one that's upfront with you and just tells you they don't have any concrete info yet.

You said what I was thinking.

What do you drive now?

·
Registered
326 Posts

It could also just be a waiting list that the dealer put together and worded very carefully.
If so, while it isn't an actual order in the system, it can help to prepare for when order books officially open.

When do you think order books will open?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It could also just be a waiting list that the dealer put together and worded very carefully.
If so, while it isn't an actual order in the system, it can help to prepare for when order books officially open.

When do you think order books will open?
They shouldn't need or be taking any money for that. My dealer put a list together as well, but no money down allowed since it doesn't do anything. Orders will not start in May...that's WAY too soon. They don't plan to officially unveil the car until late 2021, so why would they orders on a car that doesn't exist yet? I get that people are excited and WANT it to be that soon, but it's not gonna happen. I'd expect the dealers to have orders in end of 2021 at best. Maybe even early 2022. My dealer said they don't expect a peep from Nissan until late summer/early fall. But I'm happy to be on their email list they've put together so I can at least be kept in the loop as much as customers can be.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks! I'm so unbelievably excited for this car. I agree, hopefully a majority of dealers won't practice what the OPs dealer is. It's sad to see ppl fall victim to this tactic. It usually just ends with the customer being upset because they didn't get what they were "promised". Some have to fight to get their money back even.
Yeah when dealers try to pull off stuff like that it's no surprise that more people are preferring to do online purchasing and/or a direct sales model.

·
Registered
326 Posts
They shouldn't need or be taking any money for that. My dealer put a list together as well, but no money down allowed since it doesn't do anything. Orders will not start in May...that's WAY too soon. They don't plan to officially unveil the car until late 2021, so why would they orders on a car that doesn't exist yet? I get that people are excited and WANT it to be that soon, but it's not gonna happen. I'd expect the dealers to have orders in end of 2021 at best. Maybe even early 2022. My dealer said they don't expect a peep from Nissan until late summer/early fall. But I'm happy to be on their email list they've put together so I can at least be kept in the loop as much as customers can be.
Very true.
I get it if it's done to get serious buyers, but when money is actually required it also reveals who really wants it. Nissan is reinventing themselves and the new Z is a large part of it. The Ariya is another. With those new models could come a revamped sales process. There's just no way they can skip this over among all the changes going on.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts