Nissan Z Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
I bought a car at first reveal, the Toyota MR2 Spyder. Fortunately, I had a relationship with the dealer through my work. He put me on a list, and called me when cars were on the boat but not assigned to dealers so I had pick of the litter. Got a silver/red. MSRP and he got three days on the showroom floor in order to sell others. At that initial launch in April, only 2,000 units were imported nationwide. Another 2,000 came in the fall and every year thereafter.

I was actually at that dealer for a visit when the transport truck pulled in. The whole store emptied. I was ecstatic.

Here it is on the Dragon:
View attachment 1262

I drove three over fourteen years. I sold my third Spyder to buy my Z32.
The relationship with the dealer makes all the difference. I do also think things are different now. They have the logistics all locked down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer is charging me NO ADM due to I was first. Who cares if I give a deposit I'm buying the car and if for some bizarre reason I wasn't it is refundable - it's the law. Also, spoke to the dealer again and he has (4) locked but can not place options including colors until May23rd (Sunday) so the 24th. Rumor has it they might offer Nismo option off the giddy up. Saw a white one on instagram nissan_400z_official
Hey ..here in Aus.
My dealer kept sending me away, until last week when I rechecked. I too have put a deposit down. My dealer has 3 allocated, and I was second on the list. Paid a deposit, contract was drawn up, customer number given. In Australia contracts only last for 90 days, after that either part can walk away and I get a complete refund.
was told as long as there are no further hold ups with covid, they hope to see the car in the dealership by December this year. So May 23 release date would make sense. Also told the first run will be quite limited as they don’t want to flood the market straight up.
in Australia we have the ACCC, which governs sales and conditions of those sales, they can not charge over sticker price, and they can not keep a deposit if I don’t get a car, or if I change my mind after 90 days if its more than I was expecting.
so I don’t see any reason as to why they would lie.
live guven my preference for colour, and was told like the other guy ...they can’t give colours until release date, but that they will contact me in day of release to confirm if they managed to get the colour of my choice or if I need to select a second colour...or if I would prefer to wait for the second drop...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Put my deposit in 2 weeks ago here in Melbourne, Australia.
Was told I'm 4th in line, and that they expect cars to arrive early 2022.
Manual.
Orange.
Maybe you ought to follow up with the dealer again, Australia seems to be active per the latest post @Tom. I’m interested in that orange, did they mention shade, metallic?

Since the proto was already out in the public eye at Nashville, it’s got to be close. Go-Ni-San date sounds exciting at the very least. Australia may get the first deliveries.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Watching the C8 situation unfold, man it sucks! That car came out with a MSRP of around $60K. To good to be true? Yup. Sure, the MSRP is excellent, but the ADMs are through the roof.
I've heard plenty of "stories" of people paying $120K-$130K for a C8 (probably not a base, but in effect all current C8's for sale are no where near close to $100K MSRP).
Heck, the new Escalade transacts for over $100K nowadays! Where the heck are people getting this kind of money?????

I agree, I may not be able to buy a Z35 for a while until things settle down, but.....inflation is already here and it is steep! Look at the pricing of the previous Z32 and the current R35...all started off competitively, then by the end of their generations became significantly more expensive. I worry the Z35 will follow the same trend.
Heck, a fast food burrito, soda and "mexi-fries" where I live is now costing $19! And I have no idea if I am ever going to get a pay raise. I fear the Z35 may not be as attainable, due to CCP Virus Plandemic, nor as affordable, due to hyper-inflation, as has been rumored (starting at $35K, pffft, yeah, MSRP. Supply constraints will allow steep ADMs and inflation/income stagnation are going to hurt!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh man... not wanting to flood the market? During a pandemic? What the? This is starting to sound like this is going to another C8 situation. Oh well maybe I'll get my Z 3 years from now.
Take it all with a grain of salt, man. I have had a great relationship with my local Nissan dealer for 15 years, and they are still saying that every single thing people are saying about release date, orders, reservations, etc...is just hopeful thinking or complete lies (on the customer side or the dealers). Called 2 other dealers semi local, and they agreed...not a people from Nissan yet. The most they agreed is that the cars will most likely come first half of next year.

I don't think you need to worry too much. Not until Nissan says something officially, at least.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
This is the most amazing thing I've heard in a while! (I freaking hate Nissan dealers!)
I have good relationship with my Nissan dealer, I know this is not common, but only because it started from the Service dept. Those guys at Metro have taken care of my Xterra over the years, only does work on what I wanted done, including decent oil change pkgs. So, over time dealing with the service manager and techs, I'm happy with them. Of course I'll deal with them again, checking on any updates, but even until recently they're not divulging any new Z availability nor order dates. Fine with me. No BS deposits either.

Who knows, Australia could have different scenario.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have good relationship with my Nissan dealer, I know this is not common, but only because it started from the Service dept. Those guys at Metro have taken care of my Xterra over the years, only does work on what I wanted done, including decent oil change pkgs. So, over time dealing with the service manager and techs, I'm happy with them. Of course I'll deal with them again, checking on any updates, but even until recently they're not divulging any new Z availability nor order dates. Fine with me. No BS deposits either.
Same here. They said "be weary of the dealers stating they have dates, ordering info, allocation, details of any kind". They've been to every dealer meetup and been constantly asking reps from Nissan and ZERO details are being divulged. They also said it's pretty normal for a lot of dealers to blow smoke up ppls butt when it comes to exciting stuff like the new Z. Some dealers think it's better to lie about exciting details than just just tell a customer they have no news. I appreciate my dealers honesty. It's amazing to me that none of these people that believe their dealers are being honest, ever get proof...lol. (it's not amazing, it's not real...lol)

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's awesome y'all have good Nissan dealer experiences. Mine have always been fairly bad (on the service side), as is the consensus of most Nissan owners. I will say though, the Nissan vehicles I choose (basically the RWD-based, non-CVT stuff) are generally good enough to dismiss my misgivings about Nissan dealers. Besides, I can fix my own cars if I need to, it's the dealer service departments that have soured me the most. The Nissan sales teams have always seemed middle-of-the-road, neither good nor bad. The good thing about Nissan sales teams, they aren't used to having "hot" products at their dealerships, so they aren't very "snooty" about things. Usually. We'll see though, they may get greedy with the Z35

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger (daily), 2020 Toyota Supra
132 Posts
Watching the C8 situation unfold, man it sucks! That car came out with a MSRP of around $60K. To good to be true? Yup. Sure, the MSRP is excellent, but the ADMs are through the roof.
I've heard plenty of "stories" of people paying $120K-$130K for a C8 (probably not a base, but in effect all current C8's for sale are no where near close to $100K MSRP).
Heck, the new Escalade transacts for over $100K nowadays! Where the heck are people getting this kind of money?????

I agree, I may not be able to buy a Z35 for a while until things settle down, but.....inflation is already here and it is steep! Look at the pricing of the previous Z32 and the current R35...all started off competitively, then by the end of their generations became significantly more expensive. I worry the Z35 will follow the same trend.
Heck, a fast food burrito, soda and "mexi-fries" where I live is now costing $19! And I have no idea if I am ever going to get a pay raise. I fear the Z35 may not be as attainable, due to CCP Virus Plandemic, nor as affordable, due to hyper-inflation, as has been rumored (starting at $35K, pffft, yeah, MSRP. Supply constraints will allow steep ADMs and inflation/income stagnation are going to hurt!)
This may be a thing and it may not. Inflation is real yes, but the Supra did the opposite of the C8. Started out high, but by the time the pandemic started you could get a base model for $5k under MSRP. I know several people that got the Supra at MSRP or below within the first months it was out. Hoping the Z doesn’t have crazy mark up.

·
0 Posts
I agree, I may not be able to buy a Z35 for a while until things settle down, but.....inflation is already here and it is steep! Look at the pricing of the previous Z32 and the current R35...all started off competitively, then by the end of their generations became significantly more expensive.
You can attribute the rising value of the Yen for that. The pricing was a bargain - at first. When the Yen shot up, domestic/ European pricing remained steady.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As the other bloke said, in Australia it's different - price is set by Nissan Australia HQ and that's it.
I have a pretty good relationship with my local Nissan dealership, always coffee and donuts when I go there, nothing to complain about 😀

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
As the other bloke said, in Australia it's different - price is set by Nissan Australia HQ and that's it.
I have a pretty good relationship with my local Nissan dealership, always coffee and donuts when I go there, nothing to complain about 😀
What has the priced of used Z's been like in Australia?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
You didn't see allocation from Nissan. Plain and simple, that's just a lie. And you also haven't seen a white one online...

Starting to think it's you that's being dishonest and not the dealership...

Ultimately it doesn't matter. This is an odd way to get attention on the internet....."bro".
Bro - don't know what your problem is - sharing information for others, I'm 56 definitely not a troll just an enthusiast sharing. As I said same as other times I did which I have my stickers for with my name on the stickers. Went in Friday the 14th and all is on schedule- can't wait to show you my order form and when I get my vin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hey all, went into my dealer this past Friday May 14th Nd all is well, still on for a week from now. Not sure if it will be Saturday the 23rd or Monday the 25th. The point person (one of the sales managers) was not in Friday but everyone there was very positive. Will go back tomorrow and update everyone, when I get my order sheet I will definitively post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bro - don't know what your problem is - sharing information for others, I'm 56 definitely not a troll just an enthusiast sharing. As I said same as other times I did which I have my stickers for with my name on the stickers. Went in Friday the 14th and all is on schedule- can't wait to show you my order form and when I get my vin
Guess we'll see in a few days. Shrug

81 - 100 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.