Nissan Z Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
There’s a Chip Shortage Global wide! We will not have the 2022 Nissan Z available to purchase, until next yr. There won’t be pre orders. Selective dealerships will be allotted a selective few of the 2022 Nissan Zs, until Nissan can determine if the New Z will be a success or not, before they build more Zs. Nissan will not take that chance, esp during a pandemic w the future so unpredictable. For me, I’m the first on the list w my dealership, to be notified of any press releases on the 2022 Z! So, I’m just gonna sit back n chill!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe you ought to follow up with the dealer again, Australia seems to be active per the latest post @Tom. I’m interested in that orange, did they mention shade, metallic?

Since the proto was already out in the public eye at Nashville, it’s got to be close. Go-Ni-San date sounds exciting at the very least. Australia may get the first deliveries.
Hi there...sorry just saw all these replies. No we didn’t really discuss colours, because I knew I wanted yellow. All I know is he has taken a deposit for a black for whoever is before me, and I made it clear I wanted yellow ....when I go in next I might ask him about it

·
Registered
17 Posts
What has the priced of used Z's been like in Australia?
Just catching up.
depends on what year ect obviously, but a 370z N-Sport 2018 manual is going for $54,000
2019 370z z34 Auto $53,000,
But then others are asking around $50,000 for 370z N-Sport, and $44,500 for a 2019 370Z Z34 Auto

if your really interested in car prices in Aus, check out.
carsales.com.au
its where everyone sells their cars second hand.
there is quite big difference in asking prices, and like anything else...it depends on what the buyer will actually pay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here. They said "be weary of the dealers stating they have dates, ordering info, allocation, details of any kind". They've been to every dealer meetup and been constantly asking reps from Nissan and ZERO details are being divulged. They also said it's pretty normal for a lot of dealers to blow smoke up ppls butt when it comes to exciting stuff like the new Z. Some dealers think it's better to lie about exciting details than just just tell a customer they have no news. I appreciate my dealers honesty. It's amazing to me that none of these people that believe their dealers are being honest, ever get proof...lol. (it's not amazing, it's not real...lol)
We will wait and see, however it seems odd, that two of us from Oz, on the opposite side of the country have been able to place deposits and have been given same time line...lateDecember 2021, or early 2022.
My proof is a contract, already written with a customer number, just not a car allocated until they arrive in the country.
I have no idea why my dealer would lie, given I’ve been going in for months and he kept sending me away and saying he had no information until the last visit.
as I said in Australia, they can’t charge above the recommended retail price set by Nissan, and they can not keep our deposit if either party can not follow through with payment/ car...so it’s not like I will loose anything.
In short if it’s a lie he has nothing to gain and I have nothing to lose...so it would be a pretty dumb one, given I’d get my money back and not trust him for a sale when they do come

it might be prudent not to call people gullible or stupid just because their information is different from yours...not if you want people to keep sharing.
im sure you would of called the guy who posted the silver car a liar as well if you hadn’t seen proof...that’s not cool
You may be right...but let’s wait and see

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
There’s a Chip Shortage Global wide! We will not have the 2022 Nissan Z available to purchase, until next yr. There won’t be pre orders. Selective dealerships will be allotted a selective few of the 2022 Nissan Zs, until Nissan can determine if the New Z will be a success or not, before they build more Zs. Nissan will not take that chance, esp during a pandemic w the future so unpredictable. For me, I’m the first on the list w my dealership, to be notified of any press releases on the 2022 Z! So, I’m just gonna sit back n chill!
I’m assuming you’re getting all this information from your local US dealer or ? Hopefully they’re not asking you for any deposits, just name on the notified list.

It does look like a different scenario in AUS, some her can keep us posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We will wait and see, however it seems odd, that two of us from Oz, on the opposite side of the country have been able to place deposits and have been given same time line...lateDecember 2021, or early 2022.
My proof is a contract, already written with a customer number, just not a car allocated until they arrive in the country.
I have no idea why my dealer would lie, given I’ve been going in for months and he kept sending me away and saying he had no information until the last visit.
as I said in Australia, they can’t charge above the recommended retail price set by Nissan, and they can not keep our deposit if either party can not follow through with payment/ car...so it’s not like I will loose anything.
In short if it’s a lie he has nothing to gain and I have nothing to lose...so it would be a pretty dumb one, given I’d get my money back and not trust him for a sale when they do come

it might be prudent not to call people gullible or stupid just because their information is different from yours...not if you want people to keep sharing.
im sure you would of called the guy who posted the silver car a liar as well if you hadn’t seen proof...that’s not cool
You may be right...but let’s wait and see
Call me a skeptic, but I'd rather not get my hopes up for no reason. You don't have to like it, but I'm not gonna change my way of thinking. If I'm wrong, then it's all great and surprising need to me. If I'm right, then I don't have to deal with curbing expectations. I just appreciate a dealer that is honest. And so far I'm up to 5 dealers that say all this is nonsense. You could be on to something regarding the Australian side of things. I have zero idea about that. Either way, good luck to those who put money down on the car. It's not like I don't want it to happen...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Call me a skeptic, but I'd rather not get my hopes up for no reason. You don't have to like it, but I'm not gonna change my way of thinking. If I'm wrong, then it's all great and surprising need to me. If I'm right, then I don't have to deal with curbing expectations. I just appreciate a dealer that is honest. And so far I'm up to 5 dealers that say all this is nonsense. You could be on to something regarding the Australian side of things. I have zero idea about that. Either way, good luck to those who put money down on the car. It's not like I don't want it to happen...
That’s fine...you can do all that without insulting people

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Hey @whiteninjazx6r just keep it neutral and add value to your postings. Your post #106 is good. We’re all excited here and whether dealers led some the wrong way that was their experience. All can’t be right, and your thinking doesn’t have to always come out on postings. It’s all in the words, man. Chill and let’s see what Nissan brings out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Amelia Island Concours is this weekend and there is a big Nissan Z event planned (see below). Could there be something announced or shown here that ties in to the event on the 23rd?

“ A 400-strong field of regional and local collectibles will be at the annual Concours d'Elegance's "Cars & Coffee at the Concours" from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 22 on the same fairways as the next day's 26th annual concours. The event will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Datsun/Nissan Z car.”

·
Super Moderator
890 Posts
I was just thinking at this point wouldnt it be funny( and sad) if this thread had the right date for Z info all along just the wrong year :confused:

Im not getting frustrated yet but we really need some updates. if you think about it we really dont know any more official useable info than the last press release in August of 21

for perspective yesterday I walked into a chevy dealer and ordered my dad a 2023 70th anniversary Stingray corvette. I literally sat with a guy and entered in all the options ect. he gets their 3rd allocation of the year and its at MSRP. its hard to believe I was able to knock that step of the process out fairly easily on a hard to get car in a crazy market and literally no word on the Zs yet no pricing no allocations.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was just thinking at this point wouldnt it be funny( and sad) if this thread had the right date for Z info all along just the wrong year :confused:

Im not getting frustrated yet but we really need some updates. if you think about it we really dont know any more official useable info than the last press release in August of 21

for perspective yesterday I walked into a chevy dealer and ordered my dad a 2023 70th anniversary Stingray corvette. I literally sat with a guy and entered in all the options ect. he gets their 3rd allocation of the year and its at MSRP. its hard to believe I was able to knock that step of the process out fairly easily on a hard to get car in a crazy market and literally no word on the Zs yet no pricing no allocations.
It's really weird that the US hasn't gotten anything yet for orders while Canada already had pre-orders and Japan is finally getting a date for their orders.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Maxima, Coming Soon- 2023 Nissan Z
46 Posts
Since there has been absolutely no updates on pricing and release date, I just follow the website by checking every day. A few days ago I noticed the main page banner has been updated to include the Z

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

101 - 120 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.