Nissan Z Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer is slated (4) cars for first run and we can choose options and colors on May 23rd and put an official deposit down - I am PSYCHED :)

Colors came out and I am choosing Deep Blue Pearl:cool::cool::cool:
This isn’t true! I talked to NISSAN myself, They informed me the NISSAN Z will be showcased on the NFL in Sept. You can’t even pre order the Z. Each dealership will be allotted so many Z’s. Furthermore, the Z will not be available in the USA 🇺🇸 until Nov-Dec, possibly as late as early 2023.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I spoke to the Manager at the dealer and the conspiracy theory never came up, meaning the dealer fully believes that is what is happening - May 23rd is a Sunday so I'm sure we will do the order that Monday. He and I have no official option list other than the colors listed on line - ordering to get and order number and a VIN opens May 23rd and they can take deposits to orders.
i spoke to Nissan myself, they said the Z will be showcased on NFL in Sep, The Z will not be out until Fall. And they arent accepting pre orders. Ea dealership will be allotted a certain amount of Zs to sell to consumers between Nov-Dec

·
Registered
16 Posts
I talked to a dealer in Arizona and he said they have taken 8 deposits. Crazy!
That dealership can’t even pre order the Zs! Dealerships are allotted so many on their lots. I spoke to,NISAANUSA myself. The Z will be showcased on NFL in Sep. The Z will be available between Nov-Dec

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a single deposit or down payment that's spoken about here is official. There is ZERO word to the dealers about an order date, available colors, or pricing. If any dealer tells anyone that they can order in May, that they know colors, or that a deposit guarantees their place, it's just smoke. Most of the shady dealers that subscribe to this crappy practice will also charge a second sticker price once the cars come in.

Im as excited as everyone else and plan to pick one of these up asap. But, there is no benefit to giving your local dealer money when it means absolutely nothing at this point. Nothing but a handshake deal they can break. Why would it make any sense to be able to order your color, but no other options? That's laughable. When ordering actually starts, officially, options and pricing will be available in full.

Essentially, either the OP is lying, or more likely, the dealer is just blowing smoke up his ass. But that's a good way to find out which dealers you should buy from. The one that's upfront with you and just tells you they don't have any concrete info yet.

Ok, I'm done raining on everyone's parade, lol.
You’re so right! I called NISSAN USA myself. They told me the Z will be showcased on NFL in Sep. The Z will be available for sale in selected dealerships w allotted Zs between Nov-Dec.

·
Registered
16 Posts
AFAIK, it just secures your spot in line and doesn't go much further than that. Would an ADM of any amount turn you away or would you be okay with it to some extent?
So, a yr later! You still haven’t received your Z! You won’t until Nov by the earliest. And, no pre orders. I called Nissan USA myself. The Z will be showcased on NFL in Sep.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So, a yr later! You still haven’t received your Z! You won’t until Nov by the earliest. And, no pre orders. I called Nissan USA myself. The Z will be showcased on NFL in Sep.
That's what someone was told by a Nissan dealer recently and I'm not entirely surprised we're in for another delay.
Font Number Document Circle Rectangle

·
Registered
363 Posts
"Nov or Dec"="May 2023" or until China stops trying to fook with the world by dropping bioweapons (COVID) into the environment or doing fake lockdowns causing 400+ container ships, and the containers manufacturers need for shipping, to be stuck outside of the Shanghai port.

The reason we can't get ANYTHING right now (I've also been looking at Toyota and Nissan trucks) is because Shanghai is under a lockdown, causing a majority of the world's supply of cargo containers to be stuck outside of port.

Even here in Everett, WA, our transfer station had to shut down (the one on Minuteman Road near Boeing) because they can't find containers to ship out the trash.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.