Nissan Z Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAY 23rd is the DAY!!!

31K views 130 replies 24 participants last post by  MCN1SMO 
#1 ·
My dealer is slated (4) cars for first run and we can choose options and colors on May 23rd and put an official deposit down - I am PSYCHED :)

Colors came out and I am choosing Deep Blue Pearl:cool::cool::cool:

#3 ·
Isn't May 23rd Nissan day?

5/23 = Go Ni San in japanese

first ive heard about this and at first it seems a little premature but that date is very significant in the nissan world. doesnt seem like its a coincidence.

any additional info you could provide would be helpful

#7 ·
I spoke to the Manager at the dealer and the conspiracy theory never came up, meaning the dealer fully believes that is what is happening - May 23rd is a Sunday so I'm sure we will do the order that Monday. He and I have no official option list other than the colors listed on line - ordering to get and order number and a VIN opens May 23rd and they can take deposits to orders.

#12 ·
The new Nissan commercial has put the Z front and center. It sorta makes sense that they will release info soon and/or start taking orders. Imagine the reaction from Joe Public walking into a dealership asking about the new Z he saw in the commercial only to be told “I have no idea”. I think something will be happening soon.

#15 ·
I hope that when ordering opens, that'll be when we can see pricing and options/trims.

But, don't get too excited that ordering opens, ordering for the new Bronco opened early last year, and to my knowledge no one has received a new Bronco yet. Pandemic and chip issues are causing big troubles for everyone.

Still, it'll be a good day when pricing and trims become available!

#35 ·
They haven't specifically decided - I am sure they will only require around $1G but if it's more it's ok - always refundable. Regarding the allocation they feel they will only be allocated (4) for the 2022's, I would think if sales are slow it can be increased, but for now that is all they are counting on.

#27 ·
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I reached out to a contact at Nissan the official word is this:

“As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. We will not comment on speculation, no matter how optimistic it may be. Watch for upcoming announcements on Nissan’s all-new, next-generation sports car, which will debut later this year.”

This is mostly boilerplate except the "no matter how optimistic" part. That seems to indicate to me that May 23rd is definitely NOT the date.

#28 ·
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I reached out to a contact at Nissan the official word is this:

“As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. We will not comment on speculation, no matter how optimistic it may be. Watch for upcoming announcements on Nissan’s all-new, next-generation sports car, which will debut later this year.”

This is mostly boilerplate except the "no matter how optimistic" part. That seems to indicate to me that May 23rd is definitely NOT the date.
I wouldn't read too much into that stock response - it's the same one they have been using since the pre-production model and subsequent unconfirmed price/specs details leaked. This is from Motor Trend weeks ago:

"As always, it is exciting to see so much enthusiasm surrounding the rebirth of our legendary Z. We will not however comment on speculation, no matter how optimistic it may be," a Nissan spokesperson said.

#49 ·
I'm holding out to see what the Nismo has to offer anyway, so most likely not first ones in line to order. I guess this is a good thing to see if any 'bugs' need to be ironed out, and hopefully avoiding ADM. Expecting at or just below MSRP for the Nismo, there's always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.